Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I will be there working the event for Avery. Come by and say Hi if anyone of you get the chance. I will be somewhere in the decoy section I am sure selling em and talking to folks. Looks like it should be a fun weekend.

I wish I could enter my dog in the dog challenge it is really fun and they have some great prizes in it.

James

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am going to go on Saturday. I thought about entering my dog, but don't know how well she would do...I am just now really working on "casting" for blind retrieves. She is learning, but if she sees it go down she can get it. Should be a great weekend all around though, I can't wait.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Dog can't do long blinds. I think there are different levels you can enter in. I just want to try to see if I can't get one of those ruff stands without dropping almost 200 for one. I am just worried how she will do with all the people around. Averyhunter, do you know if it will be in water or on land, I sure hope its in water. If so my dog will put on a show. BIG entry.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Traditionally it has been on land. Guys the duck dog challenge is not a hunt test or a field trial. It is just a buch of ATBs thrown as marks as you lay in a ground blind, your dog in a dog ground blind and when your dog leaves the blind for the last one down then the time starts. Soon as he or she gets back with the last one then the time stops. Its pretty much just see how quick you can pick up some ATBs and get back with them. You can enter as many times as you would like and post up your best time only.

Again I really wish that Avery folks could participate it would be really fun to do.

Hope you guys make it down.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Just got back from Macks. I was there around 9:30 this morning and got back about an hour ago. Man did I get some deals!!!!!!!!!!! I got a Drake Waterfowl wader pull over for less than $20, which I believe is normally over $100. It had a small problem with the zipper that I know I can fix. I got a box of gadwall decoys that was missing 2 (total of 4 were there), for only $5. I got a box of super magnum sized mallard decoys that was missing 2 (total of 4 were there), for $15, when they sale for $60. I got 6 oz. rubber coated decoy weights for $5 for 10. I got a Drake waterfowl hat for $2.95 and a Mossy Oak hat for $2. Then as I was leaving, I went back in the tent just to see if they had put anymore decoys out and found a box of 3 super magnum goose floaters and had a full sized field decoy in the box also for only $20. These floaters are around 3 feet long........:biggrin: Man do they have some great deals going on!!!!!! You all gotta get over there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.