Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hunting some property close to home this morning. It can be hit or miss and today is sounding like a miss.
So I'm sitting under a tree listening for another half hour before i give up. Haven't heard a turkey, but I can hear my gut brewing up something bad. Look up and this is 20 yards to my right.
Tree Soil Plant Forest Woodland

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,747 Posts
That looks like my old chair! Back in the 1970's - when I was going to college - I rented a house from an old man who would cut the water off from about end of November until middle of March. Didn't want the pipes freezing and busting. No heat or air, either. Had a 30 gallon aquarium that almost froze to the bottom one January. Anyway, that chair looks like one I used out back. I had a room mate for a couple of quarters and he got a cussing a few times when I had to make a mad dash for the chair and he had moved it.:up:

·
Registered
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People Soldier Army Military Recreation

Caught an even luckier break later on!
Heard nothing at the first place, but I have permission on a small property right down the road. Heard a bird way off the place and I never would have guessed he'd come. I'm not sure this bird isn't a walk-on, but I'll take him either way! Shot him 5 min before I needed to leave to make it to my kids soccer game.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hobbs,

Congrats on a great day in the turkey woods!! For luck you probably need to kill a turkey while sitting on that chair. Great pic with the kids.
Might need to move that chair upwind before I sit on it again. I did kill a turkey within shotgun range of that chair a couple years ago so it's a possibility.

Here's a pic from the soccer field. The mom and kids in the upper left looked concerned.
Grass Community Grassland Tree Play

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.