Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
15,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allrighty fellas looks like the team's are out and the guy with biggest mouth( post count) is team Captain, and that happens to be me on both counts. I'll be checking in daily to see which of our team has posted pics and make sure they are on the contest thread so we get points.

Let's start off on where you're hunting public or private, so maybe we can help each other out if things get tough.

I've got all my honey dos done this year so I'm ready to knock that smug look off of Tom's face and hopefully his brother too, out at Winona, all public all the time!

Let's go fellas!!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hunting private in Cleburn County this weekend and early next week. Waiting for water to go down and will be hunting public land at WR NWR. If that doesn't happen will be bow hunting down at Choctaw Island some. Also planning a trip to Kansas.

Last weekend I had birds gobblin at Cleburn Co. So hopefully can get tagged out there then head north.

Going scouting in morning, hopefully will have a good report.

How have you all done in past? Last year I was only able to get one in AR.

·
Registered
15,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had some life issues the past few years that kept me from really hunting like I wanted to, but I got it back together last year and broke that dry spell. I'm really looking forward to this year's season.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I've got a couple picked out down here in Jefferson co. I'll go every chance I get. Were right in the middle of planting rice and beans at work so turkeys have to take a back seat unless it's too wet to plant.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Will be hunting Sylamore for the opener (got luck with permit again). After that down in Cleveland county around Rison at our deer lease. Fortunate to usually get one Arkansas bird. Never can tell though. Best of luck to all y'all.

·
Registered
15,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a couple picked out down here in Jefferson co. I'll go every chance I get. Were right in the middle of planting rice and beans at work so turkeys have to take a back seat unless it's too wet to plant.
Man beans and rice is DR food, in case you listen to Dave, that stuff can wait until after the first of the season!

We got some heavy competition in those other teams, but as long as we beat T8 and Team sucks I'll be pretty happy.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Man beans and rice is DR food, in case you listen to Dave, that stuff can wait until after the first of the season!

We got some heavy competition in those other teams, but as long as we beat T8 and Team sucks I'll be pretty happy.
I'll get days to hunt they just usually aren't the blue bird perfect mornings. It's mostly right after it quits raining. I've had good luck after lunch too. I get off so much time during deer and duck season I can't stomach the thought of asking for a day off during the spring unless it's an emergency. I've been lucky and have knocked one down the last 4-5 years. We even got a new rule in the contest this year because of my post last year. I'm honored.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well went and listened this morning. Heard one gobbling. I was about 150 yards from him, didn't hear any hens. As late as it is I believe I would have had a good chance if season was open.

Now will go to other place tomorrow and hopefully will have a decision to make for Sat morning!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.