Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard John Brady was fired. That's pretty convienent. How do you say "welcome to Baton Rouge, Coach Knight" in Cajun??? Oh my!:eek:

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Yep, here it is in print....

ESPN.com news services, Updated: February 8, 2008, 11:24 AM ET

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Barely two years removed from a Final Four appearance but now sporting the worst record in the SEC, LSU has parted ways with head coach John Brady.

Brady's firing was first reported by several Baton Rouge media outlets on Friday morning and later confirmed by LSU spokesman Kent Lowe. Brady will be allowed to coach the Tigers on Saturday against No. 7 Tennessee before handing the reins to assistant Butch Pierre for the remainder of the season.

LSU has called a 2 p.m. ET news conference, at which time it said it would explain its decision to let Brady coach one more game.

The Tigers are 8-13 overall, 1-6 in the SEC West, and have lost 17 of their last 23 conference games.

Brady, 53, has been the coach at LSU since the 1997-1998 season. He won the SEC championship in 2006. Brady's record this season is 8-13.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com senior writer Andy Katz was used in this report.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...........:thumb: Early word is Floyd from USC, or Mike Davis from VCU. We will see. Ya'll got the good young coach. We will see where our "paid search comittee" goes.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
man i will miss beating brady. there is a lot of talent in louisiana and the right coach could make them a contender for the national championship every year.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a lot of talent in louisiana and the right coach could make them a contender for the national championship every year.
Nolan would be a good fit if he can get the fire back in his gut. I wouldn't want to play against him twice a year, but it'd be fun to watch.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
where you been jd? i have not seen you around the razorback forum in a while.

i bet nolan is perfectly happy on the farm and doesnt want to get back into college coaching, but you never know. i think we are finally through paying him a million dollars a year now. i would not want to play against him twice a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts