Arkansas Hunting banner

LRAFB Doe B4 Buck

735 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  nbaker 
I'm currently deployed, but I know the Wildlife guy on base, and they are wanting to reduce the herd from like 500 down to like 200 or so. Right before I left a few weeks ago, we had deer in the parking lot of bldg 120. Two years ago they brought in a Wildlife Biologist, and he saw my hunting magazine in the office and asked me a few questions. The next day, the commander said the biologist talked to someone and then requested another 100 doe tags for the base. That someone was me! :biggrin:I have never hunted the base, but a guy I work with killed a monster in 05 there.

Popham, is not the one I am talking about I believe. This guy is an actual wildlife biologist and works for the USDA, but is on base. Popham is the one that gives you the briefing correct, and I don't believe he is a wildlife biologist, just the Natural Resource Manager or some sort? We work with the wildlife biologist for the BASH study, and he's always coming to the office for frontal passage information. I know for sure they are two different guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.