Lou Holtz

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by rdoliver, Jan 5, 2011.

1. rdoliver

rdoliver Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the game I lost what little respect I had for Lou Holtz. He has always ran Arkansas down and never gave them a vote of confidence. It looks like that if you were a former coach of a team in that situation, being in your first ever BCS bowl game...then give the team a vote of confidence. Lou Holtz I hope you know that your wrinkled ass has lost all respect of Razorback fans.:mad::verymad:

2. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

3. varmint hunter

varmint hunter Well-Known Member

And that's your opinion !

4. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

I thought he coached at both schools ? He is a good man and has done a fine job at every school he was given a chance. He did great things for Arkansas when he was here. Don't hate on an old man just because he took his Razorback underwear off in 1983. SOME people do move on.

9/2005-PRESENT ESPN INC TELEVISION ANALYST
    1999-11/2004 UNIV OF SOUTH CAROLINA HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
    1986-1996 UNIV OF NOTRE DAME HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
    1984-1985 UNIV OF MINNESOTA HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
    1977-1983 UNIV OF ARKANSAS HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
    1976-1976 NEW YORK JETS HEAD COACH
    1972-1975 NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIV HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
    1969-1971 COLL OF WILLIAM & MARY HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
    UNKNOWN-1969 UNIV OF IOWA ASST FOOTBALL COACH
    UNKNOWN-1968 OHIO STATE UNIV ASST FOOTBALL COACH
    1966-1967 UNIV OF SOUTH CAROLINA ASST FOOTBALL COACH
    1964-1965 UNIV OF CONNECTICUT ASST FOOTBALL COACH
    1961-1963 COLL OF WILLIAM & MARY ASST FOOTBALL COACH

5. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Lou coached Ohio State too so he doesn't owe us anything. He said he thought Pryor would will Ohio State to victory, and that's exactly what happened. I would say Lou is a wise man that looks at things from both sides fairly and objectively.

6. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Now you know that is strictly forbidden.

7. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Ha, your right possum, I always forget that rule, good thing I'm hard headed and biased most of the time anyway, :fit:

8. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Coach Holtz left Arkansas under some not so good terms.

9. I guess OLD Lou was right!!! :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit:

10. oldnwahunter

oldnwahunter Well-Known Member

I didn't hear spitting Lou say anything bad abut Ar. He was asked who he thought would win the ballgame and he said OS. Just his thinking. Would it have made a difference if he had pick Ar? He doesn't play or coach anymore,

11. BIG DOG

BIG DOG Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner

well i lost respect for him when he said "arkansas isn't the end of the world BUT you can sure see it from there"

12. In this one instance maybe. But 98% of the time the guy is as objective as Nancy Pelosi on an abortion vote.

I'm surprised he didn't pick Notre Dame to win last nights Sugar Bowl game. After all, he picks them to win the National Championship every year, even when their team is made up of Catholic Schoolgirls.

13. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

:fit:
    Was he on Crack last night..I couldn't understand a word he was saying!!!!:fit:

14. oldnwahunter

oldnwahunter Well-Known Member

Thats why his players called him spitten Lou. He spit all over them when he talked to them.

15. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

I'm a HOG fan thru and thru and I have never heard the man say one good thing about Ark. so I don't care for him. JMO

16. demented

demented Well-Known Member

If I'd had to put up with 'Ol Frank while here at Arkansas, I doubt I'd have much good to say either. We never kept a good coach because of him, remember Hatfield saying he couldn't put up with him another year?

17. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

One thing Lou did say was about Arkansas fans--he predicted you WOULD hear them during the game. He said Arkansas was one of the toughest places to play at as a visiting team.

He was right!

18. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

I had front row seats right in front of the ESPN stage at the game and the Arkansas fans were yelling LOU LOU LOU before the game to him. I thought they showed alot of respect, heck I yelled it a few times myself and I wasnt born until 1980. The guy is on TV now and it is his job to inform and ENTERTAIN so let the man do his work and get over it. JMO

19. Gary R

Gary R Well-Known Member

Lou Holtz, Orange Bowl, Ark-Ok. He made his contribution to the UofA athletic program. He made political comments that were partial blame for him being put out at Ark. He doesn't show the SEC respect, and when he does, he is usually wrong. I don't think he speaks for entertainment, he speaks because that is part of his character, like it or not. He brought in Spurrier for a round of golf before he left SC. He was working on something there. I don't think he is being disrespectful, just being himself.