Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am forwarding this to you guys from Jason Hooks with the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission. He is looking at doing a turkey hunt on the youth weekend this year. If you know if any kids or have any kids that fit the bill get in touch with Jason at AGFC. Below was his email to us:

I am looking for 10 kids (ages 11-15) who have never hunted or never turkey hunted. We will tent camp at Lake Sylvia & go hunting for 2 days on Winona WMA. It will be a random draw process if I get enough interest. Last year I wanted 10 kids & that is what I got. The biggest thing I will need help with will be getting enough volunteers to serve as hunting guides (last year we used AGFC staff from Wildlife, education, and enforcement divisions & hunter education instructors) or maybe cooking some meals. If you think anybody might be interested in helping would you mind passing my name & number along.

Jason Hooks
Central Regional Education Coordinator
email: [email protected]
M: 501-251-7839 O: 501-978-7367

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one out there has a kid wanting to get into turkey hunting or one that's not had any luck yet? Might be a great opportunity for some to introduce the sport to them.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be with my 10 yr old boy taking him that weekend or I would be happy to guide one of The kids that want to go.
I think it's a great thing. A lot of the AGFC employees are great folks like the ones that volunteered their time and effort last year on this hunt. Those folks Probably did more to give back than most of those on here that constantly complain about how awful AGFC is.
I think it's a great thing to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts