Looking for deer rifle

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade' started by dlfarley, Nov 29, 2012.

1. dlfarley

dlfarley Well-Known Member

I am looking for a bolt rifle for my nephew-in-law in a typical deer caliber (.270, .308, 30 06 etc.). I would rather trade or partial trade if possible as I'm working with limited funds. I've got a like new ruger sr9c I'd be willing to trade. Box and papers included. Could throw in a little cash if needed for the right deal. I've also got a glock 36 I might trade for a really good deal. I don't really want to give that one up though. I'm a big savage fan, would consider marlin or remington 700's. Just let me know what you've got! :up:

2. Da Duke

Da Duke Well-Known Member

I have a Remington 742 30/06. Don't eject to good but pristine otherwise.

3. dlfarley

I appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna try to find a bolt action.

4. Da Duke

5. Da Duke

I Have a Marlin XL7c in .270 and really don't want to give up it is a tack driver with Hornady Superformance GMX ammo. But I really want a SR9c.

6. jughead76

jughead76 Well-Known Member

I have a remington 770 in 270win for sale. There's a pic of it in the trading post if your interested. I have some ammo for it also.

7. MrPunem

MrPunem Well-Known Member

You should check out the Ruger American line, just got one a few months back in .308 and am very impressed, they are also pretty cheap, walmart had them listed at $357

8. dlfarley

What kind of scope, and what condition is it in? This is gonna be a Christmas gift so I'm looking for one that is in good to excellent condition if possible

9. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

10. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I have a savage model 110 .270 with a 3x9 redfield that I may part with. It has a wood stock.

11. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Friend of mine has a Browning A bolt 270 wsm topped with a leupold vari-x 4x12x50 that's only been used once for $750

12. dlfarley

That would be an awesome gun, but gonna be a little out of my range. I would even like to have that one for myself!

13. Da Duke

Great condition. Redfield 3 x9

14. j hiles

j hiles Well-Known Member

i have a 270 wsm remington 700 shoots good and in good shape leupold rings and bases.

15. john cook

john cook Well-Known Member

Have a Marlin XL7S (Stainless) 30.06 cal Black synthetic with scope rings...$300.00 or Weatherby Vanguard 30.06 cal with Simmons 3x9x40 scope Black synthetic/blued $400.00 or Remington Model 710 .270 cal with Bushnell 3x9x40 scope Gray synthetic/blues $300.00. PM me with any interests or picturers. Am open to trades. Thanks

16. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

I cant pm you, your pms are full.

17. dlfarley

Wow. I had no idea I had that many. Should be good to go.

18. dlfarley

I found what I was looking for, the ruger 9 has been traded. Thanks for all the interest and offers!