Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hail all,

I am looking for a bow holder that will strap to a tree instead of screw in. it is hard to screw a Holder into a hard wood and on wma you cant screw trees ;)

please help

Fetmo:usa:

·
Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
130 Posts
Hang-It-All Belt from Cabela's. This is what I use. I opted to go with a non-screw-in because alot of the areas I hunt cause me to take my climber out with me everytime. It doesn't give alot room for you to move, but it has worked for me.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I made one out of a piece of wood. it's ugly but it works. just take a 2 x 2, cut a slot in it towards the top (drill two holes about 1# apart, then use a jig saw to cut between the holes), then on the other side drill a pilot hole towards the bottom below the slot and tighten in your screw in bow holder, be careful not to split the wood. Then insert strap thru the slot and you are ready to go. As I said it's ugly but it works. I use a strap that has a metal buckle with teeth. never have had it slide down even on hard woods.

·
Super Moderator
9,915 Posts
A strap-on tree step might also work for a hanger...I know that most of the screw in bow holders are nothing more than a smaller version tree step.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.