Looking for a turkey gun for my son

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by rezeen6.5, Jan 9, 2011.

1. rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5 Well-Known Member

Looking for a youth or a single shot model for my son to turkey hunt with if I can find a single shot I need to be able to scope it. Any help would be great thanks Mike Would like a 20 ga.

2. spur

spur Moderator-Razorback Forum<br>Sports

nwar
    there is a 20 Franchi in the for sale section.

3. 2dogs

2dogs Well-Known Member

How about a:

REMINGTON MODEL 870 SPS-T CAMO 20-GAUGE

PM me or call me for more info 501-944-5227. I bought it for my self a few years ago and decided to keep it in case my daughters wanted to try it. I asked my oldest last night and she said no. It has been shot less than 10 times. I am the original owner.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  4. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    Man, that's a good looking gun. I would definitely recommend a pump. They will use it for life, single shot will get old to them fast.

5. rezeen6.5

rezeen6.5 Well-Known Member

thanks little brother

Went by my brothers house today was telling him bout what I was thinking bout buying from 2dogs and he went to his gun safe and brought in a 20ga benelli nova and said here ya go . Me and the boys are gonna have a good season I hope. thanks everyone Mike Thanks 2dogs for helping me out

6. dannyearl

dannyearl New Member

mossburg mini 510 bantam 20 ga perfect for youth 26 in long

7. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

mossberg sa bantum 20ga! Bought one for my 8yr old and it is awesome! It is an auto 20 and he shoots it very well!

8. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

arkansas-bowhunter,
    What is the ball park price on that gun? Does it kick very bad?

9. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

I am thinking it is around $399. but it is well worth it for the little guys, all they have to think about is pulling the trigger.

10. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem like a bad price for an automatic. Where did you buy it?

11. 2dogs

2dogs Well-Known Member

Did he answer this question? I'd like to find a less felt recoil 20 gauge for my daughters to pheasant hunt with me some day.