Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
No Bad Boy, but I got access to some Round-up!!! I'm sure the misses would love me even more if I came over and "helped" your yard out!!!

See ya in a week or so bro!!!!

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Usually about once a year they (Bad Boy Mowers) have a big clearance sale, and get rid of mowers that has cosmetic problems, etc.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonder how a feller would find out when that would be? I called them the other day to see what they had in way of a used trade in. They where not real helpful. Then again maybe I just did not want to spend enough money.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I got a herd of brush and grass trimmers cheap.:razz: Assorted colors too. Some with horns . They run quiet most of the time except when their pull rope gets tangled up.:razz: Pygmy Goats for sale cheap.:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Not sure if the drive to Cabot would save you any money, but check with my Dad at Cabot Outdoors in Cabot about a John Deere. He owns the place and and will give you his full attention, not sure if they have anything used or not. Joe.....501-843-7956

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cub Cadet Commercial M48s Zero Turn

I have a Cub Cadet M48S zero turn for sale 156 hours, for $2,500.00
call Chuck @ 409-489-2273

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a herd of brush and grass trimmers cheap.:razz: Assorted colors too. Some with horns . They run quiet most of the time except when their pull rope gets tangled up.:razz: Pygmy Goats for sale cheap.:biggrin:
Deer are doing a pretty good job on the brush. Believe all I'm allowed to have there is horses as far as livestock though.:biggrin:

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if the drive to Cabot would save you any money, but check with my Dad at Cabot Outdoors in Cabot about a John Deere. He owns the place and and will give you his full attention, not sure if they have anything used or not. Joe.....501-843-7956
Thanks, I'll check with him.:thumb:

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Deeres where not built near as heavy as this Bad Boy, and they cost more to boot. Suckers got 1/4" steel for the deck, 1/2" steel front forks, it's a tank.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey thanks. Got mine delivered yesterday. Now it needs to quit raining so I can try it out. Most money I ever spent on a lawn mower, but was cheaper than comparable mowers and better built. Pretty cool knowing it was made by Arkansas folks too. I'll post up some pics and brag on yall some.:thumb:

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
I had to mow part of my yard the other day... with a push mower. :smack:
The rider is starting to show it's age so I'm gonna have to work on it a little to get it going. So far I know it's going to need a new battery and a return spring for the idler pulley arm.
When it konks out though I hope I'm able to update to a zero turn mower. It would sure cut down on my mowing time.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Arkie, when I bought my 4 acres it was about waist high, mostly sage grass looking stuff on top and bermuda in the bottom. I went over it with a brush hog and then came back over it with dads base model Bad Boy. Now granted I did not know where the stumps, holes, etc. where on the tractor pass so I took it easy, but I got over it quicker with the lawn mower and it was pretty rough pasture type ground.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
We live on around 10 acres and usually keep around two acres of it mowed. The rest is cut for hay.
It usually has to be mowed once a week and takes at least two hours. Part of this is because of all the crap (house, garage, a couple dozen trees, garden, dog pen, two sheds, you get the idea) that has to be mowed around.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
We live on around 10 acres and usually keep around two acres of it mowed. The rest is cut for hay.
It usually has to be mowed once a week and takes at least two hours. Part of this is because of all the crap (house, garage, a couple dozen trees, garden, dog pen, two sheds, you get the idea) that has to be mowed around.

I hear ya. I spend most of my time in the summer either mowing, weedeating, and spraying roundup! Luckily I inherited a grasshopper, but its old and small. Still, if you ever get to use a zero-turn mower, you will absolutely throw rocks at a garden tractor! Imagine power steering, power brakes, and a automatic trasmission that almost reads your mind, and you're pretty close to the ZTR experience.

Father in law has a 60" cut X-mark that is sweeet, but he spent more for it than I did on my last three vehicles--combined!

I wish I could find a bigger one like Hill Farm just got, I'd be happy camper.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
I hear ya. I spend most of my time in the summer either mowing, weedeating, and spraying roundup! Luckily I inherited a grasshopper, but its old and small. Still, if you ever get to use a zero-turn mower, you will absolutely throw rocks at a garden tractor! Imagine power steering, power brakes, and a automatic trasmission that almost reads your mind, and you're pretty close to the ZTR experience.

Father in law has a 60" cut X-mark that is sweeet, but he spent more for it than I did on my last three vehicles--combined!

I wish I could find a bigger one like Hill Farm just got, I'd be happy camper.
If we are going to wish, I wish Hill Farm would just come mow my yard for me. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts