Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had an officers meeting yesterday and have decided to sell about 5 spring turkey membership. We are not like most places in the state where the turkey population is on the declined. Many of our deer hunting members are complaining about how many turkeys we have and they are eating all the corn and other feed sources we are putting out before the deer have a chance to find it. We would prefer to take them out by harvesting them. If you are looking for a place where your chances are very good to harvest a nice turkey this spring please let me know or contact anyone of our officers. www vchc.com::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I've been hunting this lease for two years now and a lease connected to this one for about 12 years before that and I can tell you guys there are a ton of birds down here. Now don't get me wrong I don't want any extra hunters coming in on my grounds but there are alot of turkey that could stand to go. I could guide any of ya to a longbeard or just tell ya which area to go and setup in. I have only turkey hunted one year but I know where all the birds are from running these woods all the time.

At the camp there are places to put a camper with running water but no electricity. Its wet in alot of places so a thermacell and good water boots will make it a better hunt. I didn't use either last year to get a bird. There is about 600 acres that isn't wet and has birds too.

I just called my buddy that has turkey hunted on a partial membership for two years and he said he's been paying 200. Where did you see 150 for turkeys?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Back when I started hunting I hunted on the west side of the RR tracks. It was all one lease then. Since then it split into three leases from disagreements I reckon. So now there is Stademill HC(think they changed the name again) on the west side of the tracks, EZ HC has 1100 acres with our 4000 on the east side.

I've only hunted on the east side for two years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just joined on Sat for the turkey membership. I would like to find out more about EZ HC. It would be nice to have free range of the whole 5100 on the east side of the tracks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.