Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a feist puppy for my son this Christmas. I have never owned a feist so I'm not familiar with this breed. I want to get a puppy that we can train for squirrel hunting, but that will also make a great family pet that will live in our home. If anyone has some suggestions on where to begin looking, please let me know.

Any advise on raising this breed of dog and if it does make a good family pet would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am looking for a feist puppy for my son this Christmas. I have never owned a feist so I'm not familiar with this breed. I want to get a puppy that we can train for squirrel hunting, but that will also make a great family pet that will live in our home. If anyone has some suggestions on where to begin looking, please let me know.

Any advise on raising this breed of dog and if it does make a good family pet would be appreciated as well.
PM Sent.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a 6 yr. fiest. He is gonna end up being the best dog I have ever had. He is a little high strung and has a serious hatred for squirrels, as far as a family dog he is unbeatable, my daughter is 2 and she does whatever she wants to him and he lets her. One piece of advise I can give you about this breed is to establish your dominance and never ever let them for one second get to thinking they are the pack leader. I got him at 5 wks and spent the entire first year doing dominance and obediance training. He minds pretty well. My only problem with him is they don't make a fence or enclosure he can't escape from and he likes to get out if I don't take him out hunting or roaming around with me. Loves the car and will get in with anybody. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You cant go wrong with them as a family dog.I have mountain fiest and they are very affectionate and protective dogs,I believe my gyp would fight a grizzly bear if she thought it was goin to hurt me (she's very gritty).You have to be careful with training,you can ruin one by hitting it one time.Introduce it to gun fire asap and give it woods time as much as possible.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Fiest

Check out Razorbackjack on squirrelhaters.com he has a couple of pups for sale.. Reasonable priced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts