Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Military family is in search of a rental home anywhere in the white hall, Sheridan, east end area. Rentals are hard to come in this area. Our current rental just got foreclosed on. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
I know of a rental in Sheridan out by the golf course. Can get you the guys number. If you are interested pm me

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
If you see any for sale by owner signs and nobody is living in the house give them a call. This has worked for friends of mine in the past.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Our current rental just got foreclosed on.

they should be prosecuted. Call the bank if you havent already. They may rent it to you till they can sell it.

·
Administrator
74,994 Posts
Wow. You pay them rent but they don't pay the mortgage and you end up out on the street for being a good renter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, been here three years and we just happened to call the property manager yesterday and she said there no need for is to pay rent anymore. It's crazy, but yea we are gonna try and find out who the owner fiancée the house through. Seems like a long shot

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Wow. You pay them rent but they don't pay the mortgage and you end up out on the street for being a good renter.
I manage foreclosures and see this a lot. There have been a bunch of people scammed also. People will find empty houses and put an ad online or FB and lease it to someone, of course they don't own the house and get away with the deposit and first months rent. This happens more than people would even imagine. I bet I've seen it done 100 times in the 7yrs I've been working in the business.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Do you know what the normal time frame is given by the banks to move out in Arkansas?
Depends on the bank. I've worked houses that people were given 90+ days after they were already late late and I've seen people still in houses 5yrs after it was foreclosed on. There is a guy in Russellville living in a house that he got foreclosed on in 2006, yea that is not a typo. Sorry not trying to hijack your thread just trying to be helpful.

·
Administrator
74,994 Posts
Depends on the bank. I've worked houses that people were given 90+ days after they were already late late and I've seen people still in houses 5yrs after it was foreclosed on. There is a guy in Russellville living in a house that he got foreclosed on in 2006, yea that is not a typo. Sorry not trying to hijack your thread just trying to be helpful.
Heck, if I could get by with that I'd stop making payments tomorrow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the insight. On one hand I want to move as soon as possible so that I'm not in a rush finding a place and on the other hand i want to wait it out . Thanks again

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I appreciate the insight. On one hand I want to move as soon as possible so that I'm not in a rush finding a place and on the other hand i want to wait it out . Thanks again
Is your lease still in effect? If so you don't have to go anywhere, you will need to contact the lender and have a copy of the lease. Pm me if you want I can help you out with it, laws have changed since the mortgage meltdown and if your lease is current you won't have to go anywhere.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea it's in effect till June but the problem I see is if something happens like the AC goes out it will be up to me to fix

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Yep, been here three years and we just happened to call the property manager yesterday and she said there no need for is to pay rent anymore. It's crazy, but yea we are gonna try and find out who the owner fiancée the house through. Seems like a long shot
I don't think they can kick you out since it's been foreclosed. Had a guy at my last job that happened to. They lived there rent free for a year. Contact a lawyer and find out for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts