Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
280 Remington ammo and brass is rare as hens teeth right now. I wish I could just find some brass at this point and load a few of my own.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Good luck! After an exhausting google search, I came up empty. I usually carry 2 rifles to deer camp, one being my 280 Remington. This year it will be replaced by my Ruger 308, because I have plenty of ammo for it and my 6.5 CM. The Ruger has a 16.5" barrel, so I have to be SURE the muzzle is outside the window of my stands. It will sho-nuff ring your ears otherwise! Ask me how I know that!!!! (ask loudly👂)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 11 silver case Winchester's I have no use for if you're interested. Not sure what bullet it is. Text me at 870-926-5870 if you want some pics.

·
Grand Member
13,702 Posts
280 Remington ammo and brass is rare as hens teeth right now. I wish I could just find some brass at this point and load a few of my own.
If I remember right you can make .280 brass by necking down 30/06 brass

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I remember right you can make .280 brass by necking down 30/06 brass
The .280 is longer from the base to the shoulder than the .30-06. Remington's ads compared it to the .270 Win. in performance, so they wanted to make sure someone could not chamber it in a .270. There is a wildcat called the 7-06 which is a .30-06 necked down to 7mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts