Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all you Kansas hunters. I'm thinking about (maybe) heading up there this year...but will more than likely go next year. Can someone do a quick step-by-step on where to get tags (online?) and what all is needed ect, ect. Thanks for the help guys!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where we went(Fall River) it wasn't to crowded just poor hunting and lots of rain..My buddies went back and went further north and did well...Oh I wasn't to overly happy anyway ..Some idiot came in on me opening morning and shot the bird I was on off the roost...Shot at 6:12 still pretty dark I could hear the hens flying out but couldn't see them and then boom and thud him hitting ground and wings flapping...

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
Ok all you Kansas hunters. I'm thinking about (maybe) heading up there this year...but will more than likely go next year. Can someone do a quick step-by-step on where to get tags (online?) and what all is needed ect, ect. Thanks for the help guys!!!! :thumb:
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/hunting/applications_and_fees/turkey

link at the top right side to License and Sales, or you can buy them at most county courthouses and some bait and tackle stores, just buy them the day before you plan to hunt to be legal :thumb:

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/hunting/applications_and_fees/turkey

link at the top right side to License and Sales, or you can buy them at most county courthouses and some bait and tackle stores, just buy them the day before you plan to hunt to be legal :thumb:
Our guy in KS said that you can hunt the same day for turkeys now.
$105 for the license and 1 turkey tag. I think the second tag is only $15 more or something. We bought ours at the grocery store in the town.

Dont forget your binos! Decoys would be good too.

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So any recommendations on areas to go or try up there? I've never been up there but am getting sick and tired of only having one or two birds at our deer lease and about 7 or 8 hunters. Getting really tired of it! :mad: :mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So any recommendations on areas to go or try up there? I've never been up there but am getting sick and tired of only having one or two birds at our deer lease and about 7 or 8 hunters. Getting really tired of it! :mad: :mad:
Boy, guess I shouldn't have asked that....Kind of shut down the responses on this post when I did. :smack: :razz:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Go to the public land is all I know...We checked out some of the walkin areas most of them were straight pasture land no trees or cover. We were at the Fall river area and my buddy had hunted that area for last 6 yrs. and the numbers just weren't there anymore and he went back further north and had better success. On the website to get license you can get a copy of their spring atlas and it list all availble areas..

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Public land?
Yeah pub land. Sorry.:smack:

Go to the public land is all I know...We checked out some of the walkin areas most of them were straight pasture land no trees or cover. We were at the Fall river area and my buddy had hunted that area for last 6 yrs. and the numbers just weren't there anymore and he went back further north and had better success. On the website to get license you can get a copy of their spring atlas and it list all availble areas..
Thanks for the info DB!

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I have just finished building a site for Racks & Quacks Guide Service in south Kansas. If you're interested in trying a guided hunt check them out. They are super nice guys and seem to have a great place to hunt.

http://www.huntingks.com

.270Win

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have just finished building a site for Racks & Quacks Guide Service in south Kansas. If you're interested in trying a guided hunt check them out. They are super nice guys and seem to have a great place to hunt.

http://www.huntingks.com

.270Win
Not sure if this is something you would put in there as the web designer....but i did notice on the Turkey page, on the first paragraph at the very end of it it says "For spring turkey hunt permit and tag information, click here." But there is nothing to click. :confused: just thought I would let you know man. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Private. We are hunting with the chief of police but we are paying to hunt his grounds. Going to check out the public land if we have time. Since we will have our license if we don't both get two then we might be able to go back before season is over and try public.

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Private. We are hunting with the chief of police but we are paying to hunt his grounds. Going to check out the public land if we have time. Since we will have our license if we don't both get two then we might be able to go back before season is over and try public.
That's a good point about going back! So how far into KS are you going? Just trying to get an idea on how far it is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.