Look What Was In My Backyard!

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by longspurs, Dec 12, 2010.

1. longspurs

longspurs Super Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winne

Saturday at 11:30 my seventeen year old is in the kitchen, (as usual), when he starts screamin. I look out the window just in time to see a buck chasing a doe. About 45 minutes later I get this picture thru my bedroom window. We then witnessed him mount the doe three times! I tried to get pics of that but they were a little further and more concealed. I had some explaining to do to my eight year old! :smack:

What's really amazing about all of this is that I live smack dab in the middle of Benton! The woodlot behind my house is literally an island that can't be more than five acres. There's one route from the bottoms down a ditch, but they would have still had to go between houses.

[​IMG]

2. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

Are you close to alcoa? I saw a nice 8 running a doe right beside benton parkway last week about 1:30 pm. I couldn't believe it.

3. seymore whitetail

seymore whitetail Well-Known Member

Cool pic and right from the backyard! Amazing how when they're with a doe they don't care about anything except her!!

4. ruger08

ruger08 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear their still doing a lil chasing!

5. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Nice always right where you don't want them.

6. longspurs

Skip, I'm west of the interstate.

7. deertrax

deertrax Well-Known Member

benton
    I saw 13 different buck deer behind station 2 just off military the first year it was there. Since they built the business next door I have not seen as many but there are still many deer living in that area.

8. They are adaptable creatures. Loves your shrubs and those highly fertilized lawns really are good.
    It is amazing were they will set up residency. I have seen several dead from being hit by cars all the way from Hot Springs to the LR Airport in the years I have been driving it.
    I remember one that shocked me was one that had gotten hit at I-30 and Geyer Springs.....a hood deer no doubt......:whistle:

9. Longspur, I am looking for a new place to hunt, in saline county. would you be interested in leasing your back yard?

10. gregrn43

gregrn43 Well-Known Member

NEA
  11. AfterLife

AfterLife Sponsor<br>www.AboveAndBelowOutdoors.com

nice to see, thanks for sharing

12. longspurs

Sure! I'll even throw in my bird feeder! :thumb:

13. xtremebowhunter

xtremebowhunter Well-Known Member

look it's a high fence caned hunt! :fit:just kidding, every now and then i find tracks in my back yard and i live in the middle of town