Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
18,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a few stands with Spot this afternoon. Last stand a pair came in. Awesome dog action. It wasnt the really aggressive stuff we will see in a month or two but it was still cool. At one point they had a stand off for about 5 minutes. I got to watch the coyotes up close and personal. The male was all over that female. He was sniffing her rear and trying to mount her. They came to within 40 yards at one point. I finally shot the male and Spot jumped on and started thrashing him while he was doing his spin dance. The female came back to 100 yards and stood there for at least 3 minutes. I could have put her down easily but doinked around waiting for some more dog work. Im pumped to take Spot again. Its a lot of fun.

· Registered
18,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No video this time. I wish I would have took it though. This would have made some excellent footage. Im just getting lazy.

· Registered
18,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats!

With what you said about the male being all over the female, what do you think about starting off a stand with some female yote vocals? Howls, yips etc...??? Would this bring some males in???
Ive never tried that. I think you would have better results just playing some howls. If you have a coyote pair sound then play that. See if anything answers. Wait till they shut up and play some rabbit for a minute or so. If nothing shows play some pup distress. Its a territorial thing right now.

· Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei
12,171 Posts
Go Spot Go!!:up: Assassin @ work!! Good job B!! Pretty soon they are gonna change it to a 1 dog a day limit cause there wont be enough yotes left to eat up all the deer carcassas!!:fit: Just kiddin, Killin em all, I LOVE to see them pics and videos!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.