Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,594 Posts
I have a LW climber and love mine but if you are a big ol boy.....not a lot of wiggle room.Im 5' 11'' 145 and its great for me but I can't imagine being 6+ and over 200 and being comfortable.With that said they are super light,extremely quiet,fast and easy to set up and rock solid.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have the regular size sit and climb lone wolf. It is ideal for those long walks to your spot. The way it lays flat on your back it makes it feel really light. Very easy to put on the tree and take off. It is also super quiet walking through the woods, putting on tree and taking down, and climbing too. Like the other guy said it's not the most comfortable but it's not that bad either. I am 5'8" and 175 lbs and don't have alot of room to spare when I get my winter clothes on. The only complaints I have are the price, the backpack straps, and if your climbing a tree with vines it is kind of tough to climb down. I do love the stand and have used it several years and highly recommend it. That being said, if my walk is not to far on open trails I use my summit viper. I wouldn't take anything for either.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
In my opinion they are the best stand out. They are very packable up to a mile walk or more. Very solid and quiet. If you sleep in your stand this may not be the one for you. Add the footrest to it and it is very easy to sit 6 hours in easy. I do pull some all dayers in it but getting a little older now and an all day sit I get stiff.

· Registered
96 Posts
I have the sit and climb, it is a great stand and quiet but not a lot of wiggle room if your fairly big, I am 5 10 and 175 and it fits me perfect. I have 3 of their lockons and wouldn't use anything else. They are used alot, easy to setup, quiet in cold weather, and light. Not the most comfortable however for longer sits. The sit and climb is my go to stand for long sits.

· Registered
2,173 Posts
I have the Lone Wolf Hand Climber. This particular stand is more for hunts where weight of stand to be packing distances or in mountains is more important than comfort. I have other brands of lock ons and sit and climbs, including Summit, but for brand name, I think LW is probably tops.

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Had a LW sit and climb. It was light and easy to pack. I preferred my Summit because aside from safety, comfort is higher on the list of importance than light and easy to pack. My Summit is much more comfortable than my LW was and easy to pack as well.

· Registered
637 Posts
I had one and absolutely hated it. Its not only uncomfortable, but I found it hard to climb with. If you hunt alot of hardwood river bottoms, where the bottom of the trees have large trunks and taper down alot as you go up. The stand would lose its level very fast. I would put the stand on the tree in such an extreme angle that i would hardly be able to get in it. by the time I was 8-10 ft high, the front of the stand would be well past level and point downward. I would have to lose the cam lock and take up the slack, and go a little higher(not safe). I would have to do this at least twice and some times 3 times to get 20-22 ft. Also the belt was to pliable. if you try to climb one of those trees with small sprouts growing out of the tree or off vines growing up the side of the tree, it is the same for shag bark hickories too. The flexible belt would catch on them, and I couldn't pull the belt on thru them because it gives to much. I stand with a stiffer cable, I can blow right thru the crap if I need to. I personally wouldnt give much for one. I have owned alot of climbers, but have never been in one that would lose its level any faster. They wont go around a very large tree either, even with the longer belt. Hunt hill ground, these problems probably wouldnt be as bad, it would still be uncomfortable regardless

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.