Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on where to scout around for rabbit in the hilly, often rocky terrain of NWA's public lands? I stumbled across one today on a ridge point heading down toward a stream. I was surprised to find it there because it seems our rubble-stewn ridges and streams would be too rocky for rabbits, but there it was. Missed... twice... as regaled in another thread before it took off and disappeared down into a thick tangle of thorny "goodness." I'll have to revisit the area when I'm out deer scouting for next season to see if I spy any others, but it got me to wondering what kinds of areas (other than agri lands for those of us that don't have access to such) to look for them up here in the Ozarks.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I use to kill a lot of rabbits here in Stone County by slipping along the edge of a hollow and watching carefully for a rabbit to move on the other side. Usually a 50-75 yard shot with a good .22 rifle. Most effective with 3-5 inches of snow on the ground on the third day, if the temperature stayed pretty cold and the wind was rather still. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.