Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
My transducer is pole mounted so adjusting the depth is easy. In relatively stump free water I put mine down far enough that I can scan 360 below the boat without the boat's hull blocking the view. In places like conway I go just far enough that I can see close to 180 towards the front of the boat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My transducer is pole mounted so adjusting the depth is easy. In relatively stump free water I put mine down far enough that I can scan 360 below the boat without the boat's hull blocking the view. In places like conway I go just far enough that I can see close to 180 towards the front of the boat.
How far below the surface should the transducer be for live scope?
Gun answered your question

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Like livescope on my Trolling motor want to be fishing..not adjusting all the Time..
Just me.Set it forget it..fish on...

·
Registered
296 Posts
To me having it mounted on tm is to be adjusting all the time. During wind or current I can keep locked onto target far easier with a pole mount while I make necessary course adjustments with the trolling motor.
Depends on how one chooses to fish I guess? I
Fish clear water lakes and cast to them. I put my Ultrex on spot lock about 40’ down wind of them. I know where they are at with livescope panning back and forth. I count my bait down to the depth they are and start reeling. That being said I’m not wanting to see each individual fish “eat it” on the screen, I’m just waiting on the thump. But I have also targeted individual fish with a long pole in open water. This being done with it on the TM also.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
On my Terrova I adjust it up and down with the type of water I’m fishing. Like previously stated, if it’s stumpy I raise it higher than if I am fishing in 16ft of open water. That being said I have realized that with this pollen on the lakes that even the extra 6-9 inches of depth in the water clears my graph up a little. Not as much disturbance in the water from the pollen the deeper you are. It doesn’t eliminate it by any means but it does help some.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Depends on how one chooses to fish I guess? I
Fish clear water lakes and cast to them. I put my Ultrex on spot lock about 40’ down wind of them. I know where they are at with livescope panning back and forth. I count my bait down to the depth they are and start reeling. That being said I’m not wanting to see each individual fish “eat it” on the screen, I’m just waiting on the thump. But I have also targeted individual fish with a long pole in open water. This being done with it on the TM also.
Well said exactly..I want my hands ready to set the hook...If I m reaching to adjust something I am missing an opportunity at catching a fish.. Especially on hard days when they aren't biting..
I want to control my Trolling motor...
Don't know how many times a big Bass has ran under my Trolling motor...if it comes on to adjust..I just lost the Tournament....
Keep the Target,Fish, Structure within casting distance of the Trolling motor..cast to the Target..up wind or upstream..

This is for my type of fishing..might not work for someone else...

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I rarely cast to crappie. I single pole straight up and down about 99% of the time and 10 feet or less from the front of the boat. I can't remember the last crappie I caught this way that I did not watch him eat the jig. Live scope spoils a man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts