Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught the culprit that killed my daughters 2 chicks last night. I won't kill him, I will relocate him. If anyone has a need for a 15 pound adult coon, assuming its legal and all, let me know else I relocate him and turn him loose.

I won't kill him without a reason, his fur isn't prime since its spring. I don't know what anyone would use him for. I live in Cabot AR

·
Registered
23,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he's just doing what coon's do, nothing malicious in his intent (I call him "he" it might be a female, I didn't check)

I just want him removed from the situation, either 20 miles to the Arkansas river or if someone wants him, either way he's gone.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Barbecue Raccoon

Serves/Makes: 6 - Ready In: 1-2 hrs

Ingredients:

1 raccoon
12 small sweet potatoes
2 med. onion (sliced)
3 med. carrots
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 large bell pepper
1 cup water
1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Directions:
Dress the coon, then cook until tender. Debone. Place coon in foil lined baking pan. Add remaining ingredients to baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until sweet potatoes are done.

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,956 Posts
Barbecue Raccoon

Serves/Makes: 6 - Ready In: 1-2 hrs

Ingredients:

1 raccoon
12 small sweet potatoes
2 med. onion (sliced)
3 med. carrots
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 large bell pepper
1 cup water
1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Directions:
Dress the coon, then cook until tender. Debone. Place coon in foil lined baking pan. Add remaining ingredients to baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until sweet potatoes are done.
How good is it? Does it taste just like chicken? :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
I ate one once, will NEVER again unless someone else prepares it - AWEFUL stuff it was and unitl someone shows me it can be prepared edible I don't believe it !
If ya don't remove all the 'Kernels', before cooking, it can be kinda rank!!!

Was raised on coon meat...my Grandmother always asked my Dad and I if we'd bring her a young coon, every fall...she cooked a mean BBQ coon in a cast iron skillet ...in the oven:up:

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,956 Posts
I urbanized him this morning - the glint of downtown little rock in his astonished eyes was somethign else !
You took him to town and turned him loose. That would be the slow death sentence for Rocky. I wouldn't go to Little Rock if it was all expense paid. Nothing against LR, add Wichita, KC, Topeka ...

Call me the Raccoon Police if you want, been called worse :thumb:

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,956 Posts
Well stealthycat said he turned the coon loose in Little Rock..........in this thread.........then in another he said he turned him loose on the White River:smack:

Guess I'm bumfuddled:doh: :head:
Stealthy urbanized the coon, that meant the inner city. He don't know what he means.
Stealthy needs to acclimitize himself to the times,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.