little rock NWTF

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by brass, Jan 2, 2011.

1. brass

brass Well-Known Member

new chapter starting up i heard from some friends. Meeting for new committee members and about the banquet is tomorrow Jan 3rd at 5:30 at the whole hog on Cantrell in little rock.

Again the LR chapter of NWTF is being started back up, looking to get committee members it is an open meeting.

2. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

Man that's good to hear. That town has the potential of having one of the best and biggest chapters in the state not to mention getting some really great work accomplished in the area. Best of luck!

3. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

Good luck with it.
    I used to be a Chapter President and it is a lot of work come Banquet time.
    It was a good experience, but I wouldn't go through it again. I just donate money instead of time now! :up:

Be sure and post your first Banquet date here when you get it planned, I would like to go.

4. thompson

I think everyone is going to like the new RD. Cory Dunn is starting his NWTF work after being with DU for many years. He seems like a great Guy.

5. biggobs

biggobs Well-Known Member

Thompson,

Cory was with Delta Waterfowl not DU just FYI. I have attended the Delta Waterfowl banquet in Russellville for several years & always liked Cory and thought he did a good job.

6. biggobs

Brass, great to hear you are getting involved. We need more folks to get involved like yourself. You guys come out to the statewide Arkansas NWTF Volunteer Appreciation Dinner this Saturday evening at Glazier's in NLR. Typically it is a lightly attended event so if you are looking to pick up some guns, gear or NWTF items they usually go really, really reasonable here.

It's an event for anyone but especially every volunteer that is associated with the NWTF in our great state. Tickets are only $20. Let me or Thompson know if any of you guys would like to go.

7. jason_72022

jason_72022 Active Member

biggobs...way to set Thompson straight...them Delta boys would get all stirred up being associated with DU!! All..for details on the Jan 8th Volunteer appreciation dinner biggobs mentions..go to nwtf.com/arkansas/volunteer.html. I can't post URLs yet but slap a www in front of the link above.

8. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

can anyone get involved?

9. brass

brass Well-Known Member

yep anyone that wants to help out, just come up to the whole hog on cantrell tonight at 5:30

i think we could manage to get over there this saturday, i do love a qood banquet.
    i am pretty sure we already have the date and place nailed down, that is what tonight is about, i will keep everyone posted up.

10. thompson

Hey, they fly and they Quack....... sounds like a duck. :biggrin: Never said I was perfect, but I was close. Now he's getting into the important stuff, the things that Gobble.

11. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

A major step up, wouldn't you say??!! :thumb:

12. thompson

Like getting off you bike and driving a car!:fit:

13. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I guess all of the duck hunters must be too busy right now trying to find another spot they could fit a DU logo on their truck to notice these comments.:biggrin:

14. thompson

I'm sure these remarks wont go unseen for long.:hide::highfive:

Good to stir the pot,..that way you know whats in it.

15. biggobs

Hey, you don't get to correct the Volunteer of the Year everyday, eh? Just saying to some those are fightin' words (Delta and DU). They shouldn't be, we should all be on the same page but you know how things are sometimes.

16. brass

brass Well-Known Member

the next meeting is Monday, March 7 at 5:30, at Whole Hog BBQ on Cantrell Rd

17. brass

brass Well-Known Member

The above meeting was actually Feb 7th, we are having another meeting this monday, the 21st at 5:30 at the whole hog on cantrell if you are interested in being on the committee.

So far the banquet will be at Fisher’s Armory in North Little Rock on April 7th. The doors will open at 5:30 and the banquet begins at 6:30. Dinner will be a crawfish boil. The cost is $45 for single tickets, $60 for couples.

If you want to purchase tickets please send me a message and i will get back with you.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011