Listen carefully Sunday

Discussion in 'Prayer and Religion' started by Buckrub, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Mr. Rusty

Mr. Rusty Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It’s mental

Remington likes this.
  2. N8HARNER

N8HARNER Well-Known Member

Here is my take on this. If one is a Christian, then they know that God is in control and allows anything that happens in this world. When a Christian gets so worked up about the happenings in this world, it is a reflection on their faith in our Heavenly Father, and therefore it can put a blight on His character. Don’t allow the news media to become bigger than real life. God is in control now in our day. He allows men to make their own decisions, and, therefore, reap their own consequences. These riots will pass too.

3. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    Fair enough, and you’re right. I should have thought that through a little better, thanks.

N8HARNER and Remington like this.
  4. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45

We were never promised to not experience trials and tribulations. God has promised us that his grace and mercy will suffice. Don’t get lost in the fact that we as Christians are exempt from pain, loss and suffering. When we try and “ lean into our own understanding “ we are looking at it through our finite minds, God is infinite.

Our faith is being tried, hang on and exercise your faith. We know how it all ends.

5. noname

noname Well-Known Member

GOD created the heavens and the earth !!! He can surely handle this mess !
    He is in control, no matter what we think, how we look at it or what ever we do !
    He has got this !! ;)
    Yes, I do believe we are living in the times described in book of Revelations !!
    I do also believe that GOD is letting our faith in HIM be tested !
    Hold on tight to your faith in GOD my brothers !!!!!
    Remember, this world is not our home, we are just passing thru. Our purpose is to use this life to find GOD and work on our personal relationship with him, for that our reward will be in Heaven with HIM for eternity.
    NO MATTER what we do, GOD is still in control as HE always has been !!!
    Trust in HIM !!!!!! :)

N8HARNER likes this.
  6. Koyote

Koyote Well-Known Member

Its always been my firm belief that if you're toes aren't getting stumped on in church every so often either you ain't listening or you need a new church. Preachers need to stand up to society and say I'm following Gods rules and regulations and stop being led astray and sissy footing around in the pulpit.

7. noname

noname Well-Known Member

:clap:

Koyote likes this.
  8. DonniePowell

DonniePowell Well-Known Member

Ozarks
    It has pretty much always been Good vs Evil in the history of mankind. My tv ain't coming on this morning and I am going to Buffalo River.

Remington, Koyote and orangefeetdown like this.