Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these pics and story in an E-mail.
Anyone know if they are true??

No lions in Arkansas?????? Check this kitty out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This lion was hit between Prescott and Ashfork Arkansas, by a car. Fish and Game had to come and put him down. He charged at the Fish and Game guy in the process. Look at his PAWS!.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I call false. Look at the mulie rack on the table in the background and the elk shed leening against the shelves to the right. Somewhere out west in opinion.

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Got these pics and story in an E-mail.
Anyone know if they are true??

No lions in Arkansas?????? Check this kitty out!

This lion was hit between Prescott and Ashfork Arkansas, by a car. Fish and Game had to come and put him down. He charged at the Fish and Game guy in the process. Look at his PAWS!.

I heard it was hit in Prescott, AZ

http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&subsectionID=1&articleID=51766

big cat though.

Amazing how stories get changed after a while on the net. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
look at the room in the back full of antlers and the apron the guy has on. This pic was taken in a taxidermy shop, probably of a legally taken lion, OUT WEST.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I don't claim to know all the little towns in Ark., but I drive a truck daily in the area around Prescott and have never heard of an Ashfork.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I zoomed up and panned around the room....Those are definitely mulie racks and an elk rack in the background. The plaque on the wall in the upper left hand photo is a pronghorn rack that is mounted on a wooden plaque that is fashioned in the shape of the state of Arizona. Although its not concrete evidence, it tends to further substantiate the photo originated in Arizona.

Cache

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Another thing too...there is a Prescott and Ashfork in Arizona and a lot of people still get confused that AR is the abreviation for Arkansas, not Arizona. :smack:

Cache

·
Super Moderator
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice attempt to stir the pot, though! :razz:

Im not trying to stir nothing just passing on what I was sent in E-mail.

But Ive seen one around my house three time so I know that they are here no matter what G&F say:thumb:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Lets see a picture. If people see them all the time then we should have no trouble getting at least one picture every 2 months. I see one everytime I go out west.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Funny how none of us see these cats. Went to Texas last year and saw the one that was in the area in three days.

I guess the ones here have learned how to cover their tracks cause I'm pretty sure if I saw a track as big as the guys head in the pic I'd know what it was.

I did see some big wood-pecker tracks this fall.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts