Lighted nocks

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by woodsnwater, Dec 28, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Does anyone use lighted nocks? Too late to start now, but if it works pretty good I may consider it for next year. My issue is loosing my arrows and be able to track my arrow flight when making my shot.

2. pointman

pointman Well-Known Member

I shoot nockturnal brand lighted nocks and love'em. Never failed to come on, easy to turn off. Can't say enough good thing about these. they really help finding your arrows after the shot, hit or miss..... You'll like em.:up:

3. woodsnwater

I have seen them. I was wondering about them.

4. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

I have used some in the past and i really liked them. But after several months the couple i had the batterys went dead and i just havent bought anymore. I have been thinking bout buying some more or building some. There is all sorts of pages out there that show you how to build them.

5. woodsnwater

Can you not replace batteries in them?

6. austincrutchfield

The ones i had you couldnt, but that was 3 or 4 years ago when they first started out. To build some your self is quite a bit cheaper. I think there was a thread on here somewhere on how to build them. I'll see if i can find it.

7. austincrutchfield

8. woodsnwater

Very interesting reading. Thanks..

9. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

def. nockturnals! stay away from tracer nocks and lumenocks. Lumenocks have to be backed all the way out and usually end up coming on in your quiver and bow case and draining the batteries. Tracer nocks require you to mount a magnet on your bow and same problem, you can put them in sleep mode but if you store them in your bow case near the magnet, they will still self activate. Heard good things about firenocks, but they are more expensive.

10. east lake hunter

east lake hunter Well-Known Member

DO NOT buy the lighted nocks made by Carbon Express. Pieces of s$!t :mad:

11. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Love mine best thing they came out with. I love shooting at night off my deck watching it fly. :up:

12. Maximaman

Maximaman Well-Known Member

x2

13. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I was going to get some because I got a video camera for christmas and wanted to have that shot trace in low light on camera. I'm glad I read this thread. I was going to get lumenoks but now I think I'll try the nockturnals.

Now that decision is made. All I have left to do is get one in range, get the camera on it and make a good shot. Sounds easy enough. :biggrin:

14. woodsnwater

I am gonna try to make mine 1st. I watched a video on You Tube and seems very simple and cheaper route. I got what 9 months to get it down pat. Heck, I think I am gonna find me some old saw blades and make my own BHs..:razz:LOL.Joking. I think it would be cool to make yourself. Lighted nocks that is.

15. brushcreek

brushcreek Well-Known Member Supporting Member

what is the best way to remove the orignal knocks so i can put in a lighted knock?

16. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

Unless youre shooting aluminum arrows with nocks glued on you should be able to just pull the nocks off your arrow.

17. woodsnwater

There was a thing on You Tube on making lighted nocks for aluminum arrows. It was petty interesting as well.

18. austincrutchfield

If you are going to make your own there is one thing i wouldnt do that some videos show you. Some videos show to drill a hole in the back of the nock to allow more light out. It isnt necassary, it dont make um brighter and will that hole drilled it it, they can break easier.

19. woodsnwater

You have a point there. It seems to make nock weak. I have lighted bobbers here, but too big. I am gonna check at W/M or Academy.

20. austincrutchfield

Yep, i have heard a few stories on archerytalk about them blowing up when released. But the there hasnt been any problems with the ones that werent drilled,:thumb: I am prolly going to build my next set. I no you can order them online at bass pro or cabelas.