Lighted Nocks

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by nanny, Dec 7, 2012.

1. nanny

nanny Well-Known Member

What lighted nocks do you prefer?

2. low12

low12 Well-Known Member

3. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

4. RJCNoles

RJCNoles Well-Known Member

+ 1

5. chrisDXT

chrisDXT Well-Known Member

beebe
    Nocturnals for me

6. bottomlands

bottomlands Well-Known Member

Nocturnals for 3 years no, lovem

7. Clayb710

Clayb710 Well-Known Member

Lumanocks are absolute trash, don't waste your money!

8. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

9. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

Another vote for nockturnals

10. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

Bought my first set of nocturnals this year and they suck! Love the way they turn on and off. They fit awful, had to add a little glue to make them fit. They fail to cover up the back of the shaft also. I've looked at few of my buddies nocks and there hit or miss as far as the way they fit or cover the shaft like their supposed to. If you buy some you might take your arrows in and test fit them before you buy them.

11. oblrjr

oblrjr Well-Known Member

You might not have bought the right ones depending On your arrow...

12. 44

44 Well-Known Member

X's 2. Several different nock styles/sizes.

13. Arkansas Archer

Wish that was the case. I guess their qc just sucks. Its hit or miss with them some fit great and some don't. Anytime you manufacture that many anything tolerances get off I guess.

14. Ross A.

Ross A. Well-Known Member

There are different size nocturnals for different arrows… I not sure all the type letters, but my arrows take "Type S" I think there are "Type X" and "Type Y" and maybe some more but don't quote me on that… all I know is for my arrows I have to have the "Type S" Nockturnals or they won't fit… Oh, I almost for got. They are the best lighted nock on the market!!! I have shot them for 3years and won't shot anything else.

15. Arkansas Archer

There are five sizes S,GT,H,X and G.
    Some people think their junk now due to rage buying them out. As far as I know the same people make them.

16. Elite88

Elite88 Well-Known Member

Make sure your shop cuts the arrow flush. I had one wouldn't light for crap, checked the arrow and had 1/32 of an inch higher on one side. A quick spin in the saw fixed it.

17. nwa_bowhunter

nwa_bowhunter Well-Known Member

I just bought some nocturnals, was wondering which lighted nock was preferred. Glad I saw this thread!

18. 1BigPig

1BigPig Well-Known Member

NWA
    WOW! I'm shocked at the negativity toward Lumenok. I'll be the first to admit that I have never had or used a Nocturnal, but i've been shooting Lumenoks for about 3 - 4 years and I can't ever remember one failing. They are awesome, bright, turn on perfectly, easy to turn off. Never had a problem with them. They fit all of my arrows perfectly too. ???

19. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

Red or pink are suppose to be the brightest