Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here ever made your own life lines for tree stands? I have been using lock-on’s for the past few years and have really been wanting to add these to my set up.. I started looking and found that I could build 4 lines for the same price that Bass Pro wanted for just one..

Just curious if anyone else makes their own..

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use lock ons mainly myself. I haven't used a life line yet but know I should. I do use a harness. I sure would like to know how you make yours. If you ever have the time to show us it would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I make my own....very simple. Use good rope and use a prusik knot. You can google the knot.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I purchased the rope at the hardware store and tied prusik knots. very simple.. you can pick up a video off youtube on how the knot is tied..

But I now am starting to think I may have purchased the wrong rope. not sure what the break weight is but thinking I should have got something much stronger..

·
Registered
882 Posts
I will make anyone in the central AR deal. If you buy or find the rope I will help you tie it if you need help. I am a certified rescue technician and it's not worth it for someone to fall when it can be prevented. If you need help let me know.

·
Grand Member<br> 2006 Spring Turkey Team Contest W
3,298 Posts
I want one of the Spider Livewire descent devices. If you fall they lower you slowly all the way to the ground. They are one time use but if you fall they are worth the cost.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Has anyone on here ever made your own life lines for tree stands? I have been using lock-on’s for the past few years and have really been wanting to add these to my set up.. I started looking and found that I could build 4 lines for the same price that Bass Pro wanted for just one..

Just curious if anyone else makes their own..
You wouldnt happen to be on Archerytalk would you bc i was reading a thread and came over here and read the exact same wording from there lol

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm not saying you can't find the correct rope for 1/3 the price but I have not been able to. Go to Pinnacle Arborist Supply in LR. 6081A W-12th St. Just south of I-630 off Rodney Parham/Mississippi ave . They have everything you need. It will have the correct amount of strength and stretch etc to handle a fall. Don't go the trouble of making a life line out of the wrong material and then getting hurt because your rope was not adequate. Just my advice. You can save some money but more like 20%. It's been a few years since I built one so not sure about current prices.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
You can get 8mm static line and 6mm prusik chord for less than $30 at uncle Sam's in Fayetteville.

8mm chord is good for 350 lbs dropping 10ft. Using a lifeline, you won't drop more than 3.

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,314 Posts
I have a company that sells lifelines at a great value...30' with prusik not and a locking steel carabiner all rated at 500#.....for $26(my cost) need to order at least 9 for free shipping .....if members here would get enough to order they could have them at my cost to be safe this season....If anyone interested?

GF

·
Member<br>The Member Formerly Known as Passthrough
7,658 Posts
I have a company that sells lifelines at a great value...30' with prusik not and a locking steel carabiner all rated at 500#.....for $26(my cost) need to order at least 9 for free shipping .....if members here would get enough to order they could have them at my cost to be safe this season....If anyone interested?

GF
I'd take one Gentry

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

GF
I'll take 3 of them..

If you don't get the order for free shipping let me know I would be willing to pay for that too..

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,314 Posts
I'd take one Gentry
I'll take 3 of them..

If you don't get the order for free shipping let me know I would be willing to pay for that too..
I already have 6 spoken for....so I will go ahead and order the 9 in morning....Im sure 3 more will go pretty quick.
Its a good price.....I have built them for years, but cannot even get supplies to build for that price.

GF

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.