Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turkey hunting is stupid and I absolutely hate turkeys! I guess I'm the only one dumb enough to still be out here after them, at this point I may as well just call what I'm doing "daily nature hikes". I've walked 4 miles this morning through woods that I know has birds and I've only heard one about a mile away gobble twice.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Come on bud. Exactly what AGFC wants . Turkeys to not gobble cause very late season = more Turkeys next year I guess and so on. Just do what Missouri does its gonna fix everything for us Arkansas folks. But when you ride around all over different public land in Arkansas vs public in Missouri I see a big difference in the habitat so guess Agfc just hoping for best on that part of things. Lol

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Turkey hunting is stupid and I absolutely hate turkeys! I guess I'm the only one dumb enough to still be out here after them, at this point I may as well just call what I'm doing "daily nature hikes". I've walked 4 miles this morning through woods that I know has birds and I've only heard one about a mile away gobble twice.
I feel you. I'm back behind a computer day, but I walked over 15 miles the last 3 days and never heard a gobble. Don't really have a game plan for this weekend.

·
Member On Double Secret Probation
29,446 Posts
I hunted yesterday evening and seen 2 jakes. But like @kerrtw I'm back in front of a computer screen today.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Friend at camp shot one this morning. Came into a food plot silent. He had a couple of decoys set up and calling every 15 minutes. This guy has as much patience as anyone I know, but I can’t sit in a blind for 10 days in a row morning and afternoon and not hear the first gobble. I’ve seen him climb in that popup blind at 5:15am and not get out of it till 7:00pm numerous days. He does kill birds but that’s not how I prefer to hunt. I like to play the game with a gobbling bird. Might have to change my strategy if AGFC continues to have late season opener.

·
Premium Member
27,138 Posts
I heard a fair bit of gobbling the first three days of season. Day four, didnt hear a bird and have only heard one gobble, one time, since then. I have hunted about half the days. Wed thru Friday looking decent. Clear and cool in the morns with reduced humidity. The theory is, the hens should be setting now and the gobblers should be gobbling their heads off in search of another receptive hen. So much for the theory.

·
Premium Member
25,668 Posts
Nope I'm out there with you..
I have hunted parts of every day of the season so far.
Had a chance to kill three turkeys all seasons only chance I've had.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Going to the bird sanctuary tomorrow TSS will be flying....
Yeah I've been thinking about making a loop through your neighborhood and blasting one out the truck window. I think my old Chevy will outrun those GW trucks. If not I'll bail out, run to your place and report it stolen.

·
Premium Member
25,668 Posts
Yeah I've been thinking about making a loop through your neighborhood and blasting one out the truck window. I think my old Chevy will outrun those GW trucks. If not I'll bail out, run to your place and report it stolen.
Come on over...

·
Premium Member
25,668 Posts
Get Two...The ones in the Ditch....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts