Arkansas Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Just got settled in. White oaks falling hard and all the feed is gone. Gonna shoot at the first legal deer that comes on. Got an empty freezer and a hungry wife at home lol. Goodluck and be safe to all that’s out

·
Registered
717 Posts
Just got settled in. White oaks falling hard and all the feed is gone. Gonna shoot at the first legal deer that comes on. Got an empty freezer and a hungry wife at home lol. Goodluck and be safe to all that’s out

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
What part of the state you in? Is that early for the acorns? Last few years in zone 12, they’re falling good in November. Persimmons also seem to be falling earlier than usual.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Faulkner and Pulaski is raining acorns everywhere I’ve been. Saw the first ripe persimmons yesterday. And all year haven’t seen but two muscadines. I usually gather enough to make 12-15 quarts of jelly.

·
Registered
717 Posts
What part of the state you in? Is that early for the acorns? Last few years in zone 12, they’re falling good in November. Persimmons also seem to be falling earlier than usual.
I’m in Van Buren County. They usually always fall this time a year. Them and squirrels are thick here this year. Should be shooting a mess of them. But my wife said if I didn’t kill a deer soon I’d be sleeping on the couch lol

·
Member<br>2016 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It’s social media and big name hunting pushing that it’s okay to sling an arrow at a deer at 50 yards. The average bow hunter has no business trying to shoot a deer at 50. I shoot religiously and can shoot dang good groups at 80 yards but my longest shot on a deer is 36 yards. People need to keep shots realistic and learn to interpret shot scenarios. An alert deer at 45 yards is not one you need to shoot at...
Ehh if I can see them I'll sling an arrow towards them, I figure I might hit them somewhere then get lucky and find them. If not I can probably find them a few days later with the buzzards. I mean just look at the one I killed yesterday, I shot that dude in the face.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Shot another boar this evening. Shot this one in the neck and he still ran off without leaving one drop of blood. The big guys make me feel like i'm shooting a kids bow! This one was a whopper. You would think with 125 grain scary sharp Qad Exodus in his neck still attached to a bouncing arrow there would be one stinking drop of blood. I'll look again in the morning. Sorry team 3!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts