Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yup. Be on stand shortly even tho it seems their moving more during the evening. My buddy killed a 12 pt yesterday bout 4 and my daughter missed a nice buck I've had on camera all year. That was at 4 as well. I didn't see much as I was helping look for and haul them out. Maybe today's the day. Good luck

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Caught him checking scrapes on the side of a ridge , let the old single shot 223 out of the cage . Not a bad deer for the first one I've killed in 5 years . This little ridge is hot right now

·
Member<br>2008 Photo Contest Winner
1,904 Posts
We've been here since 6:30. Wasn't planning on going but my boy woke up me at 6:00 wanting to go so here we are. I think this full moon has them moving more midday and night.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Just had one doe wind me and blow about 50 times. Anyone had any luck seeing anything else after that happens?
Yes, but it depends on the specific location, time of year, pressure, time of day, how long I can stay put, and a few other things that I factor in to decide how damaging it may have been. Even if I think I'm doomed I often seen another deer within 30-45 minutes. You just can't ever tell, but I often see deer again sooner in the woods rather than in a field after they act up like that. If it's raining or windy/noisier it seems to recover more quickly, but a buck might cruise by shortly that was too far away or pre-occupied to have been aware.

I'd stay put. Time in stand is always preferable to ending the hunt.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.