Arkansas Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Crazy. Three completely different one by two spikes. All are trolling, not stopping. That's what's breeding our does. Decent eight shot yesterday.

Reactions: jackie53

·
Registered
959 Posts
11 trucks parked there yesterday at 6:30 pm when I was coming home. Guys are getting a little extreme out there
I felt stupid for showing up at 430 when they opened the gates. I can’t imagine sleeping in my pickup all night. One poor SOB fell asleep in line and had 40+ trucks drive around him before he woke up and realized everyone was driving in. Lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
First time hearing this ever in all the years I've hunted Winona. Sounded lik duck hunters opened up to the south of me, they are a good distance off. 6 to 8 very rapid shots, deep like a shotgun sound. I hunt south of the lake and i can't think off the top of my head where they would be hunting. Direction of 24000 road area. Anyone or am i crazy?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
First time hearing this ever in all the years I've hunted Winona. Sounded lik duck hunters opened up to the south of me, they are a good distance off. 6 to 8 very rapid shots, deep like a shotgun sound. I hunt south of the lake and i can't think off the top of my head where they would be hunting. Direction of 24000 road area. Anyone or am i crazy?
I heard them as well. Not sure where they’d be.

We’ve seen three deer so far. Sure is quiet.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Got out early and settled into my ladder. As usual didn't see a thing. Headed back out to a different spot after lunch.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wife shot one a little after 6:30. It was out in front of us about 90 yds feeding but before she could get a good broadside shot something spooked it and it started trotting straight towards us and I had to stop it at about 40 yds but she couldn’t findit in scope then I stopped him again at 30 yds and he was quartering towards. She got on him and shot and he hunched up going away. He disappeared into a thick creek bottom. We waited 30 mins and checked for blood. Didn’t find much at spot of shot but started finding blood right when it turned into the creek bottom. Blood looked to have stomach contents in it but didn’t stink. Backed out and waiting to go back
Found it right where I thought he prob would be. Found it at 9:30 and coyotes already deboned one of the hams for me
IMG_1262.jpg

41 - 60 of 97 Posts