Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the ground blind in my 1 acre cove. This has always been a hotspot for chasing. 2 big trails dump into this cove from the back east and west corners and I am set right between them. Got some Tinks buck scrape juice out in the bombs. Gonna do some rattling and grunting this morning and plan to sit here til about 2pm.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Been in the stand for about a hr now. Man I was bright coming in. I'm hunting some woods behind and old empty house. There were 6 under a big oak in the front yard when I came in.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I'm hoping to sit all day. Got hereb20 mins later than I liked. My young in needed attention. Had a deer to blow. Finally remembered everything. Hoping for a legal deer to add to an empty freezer. I had to get cow the other day. 1st time I bought meat in years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was going this morning for a short sit then opted out. Now I regret it. Winds seems calm and it's pretty brisk out there. I should be in the tree. But for those that are out... best of luck to ya! Post some pics. That's the only way I'll get to see deer today! Lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wind in my face is pretty brisk. Haven't seen anything yet up here on the ridge. Dad is 350 yards away and has doe all over him but we have both taken our doe this year do just hoping a buck will make its first daylight appearance

·
Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
1,139 Posts
It is nice out this morning.sitting in the same tree I shot a giant on public land and never recovered opening of permit hunt. Hoping a nice one comes through had a small buck come through about 7:30

·
Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner
1,834 Posts
Anyone done any rattling or had any luck with it this year?
Rattled in a couple of small ones a couple days ago. Tried several times yesterday morning and did not see a thing. Wife saw one with a broken rack 2 days ago, so I think there are some disagreements going on in the woods right now.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
When I went out to feed the horses at 5 this morning there were several does and a buck in the upper pasture. Shoulda taken my bow out to feed maybe!
Good luck folks! We will once again live vicariously while here at work!

·
Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne
3,277 Posts
Cool this morning. East wind pretty hard. I'm sitting where I killed 8pt about 10 or 12 days ago. Had to let a good one walk 2 days ago he was good just not enough to tag out on.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.