Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hunting today? I'm up a tree in Faulkner County. It's lightly raining now and the wind is pretty gusty at times. I hung this stand yesterday in the rain. This is right in the center of my property in a strip of hardwoods and I've never hunted here. I have a feeling either today will be really good or I'll just sit here and get wet. It's still a great day to be outside though! Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
14,003 Posts
Been a heavy mist/light rain here all morning. Seems perfect. Seen a yote, two does and a dink so far. Dink was pushing one doe around a little.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
When you start to get fed up with either lack of sightings, rain or wind, remember, I'd kill to be out there today. Seems perfect. Cool enough to keep the deer moving but not so cold you freeze to death

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sat in the stand for a while but couldn't imagine a deer walking through with as loud as the wind and rain were. I got down and stalked through the property. I walked within 30 yards of a 4 point and watched him for about 10 minutes. I grabbed my grunt and gave him a young buck grunt. Without even looking my direction, he immediately turned the opposite way and quickly walked off. I checked 4 cameras out there too and had very little deer activity last night. I'm sure as soon as the rain quits, they'll be moving everywhere.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Good luck to u all. Bucks starting to move. Cousin killed 2 sunday morning w ml and had 2 more come by while he sat in tree. One was a very nice 10 pt but no tags. Another cousin rattled up 2 and he shot the bigger 10 pt. 2 separate farms.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
I just got in the tree. Been here 30 min and seem 2 does. They came by me like they'd seen a demon or something. Not sure what that was all about. Thinking I may try some grunting and rattling and maybe even the can.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Seen nothing this morning got back at 1:30 an 3 doe standing in the field walk into the woods about 500yd almost to my stand an there is 3 more. Maybe they'll come back.

·
Member<br>The Member Formerly Known as Passthrough
7,658 Posts
I've seen a total of 7 deer this year from a deer stand. I went home for lunch today and on my way back to the office there were 8 big doe standing on the side of my road. go figure

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I got pics sent to me of a small 5 or 6 point at 930 this morning and had a nice 8 point (now 7 point) at 245 stop by the corn pile today while I'm at work. This is the second busted up 8 point to I have had show up this week.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
I just made a few grunts and hit the horns for about a min. 2 min later this 6pt showed up looking for a fight. They're gonna have to get bigger. May try it again in an hour

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.