Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Here in zone 12 in my favorite box stand.Very humid here in Cleveland county. Got down late and ran and checked cameras and put out soybean Buffett.Darn hogs are back again first time all year I've had them on camera.I have some lead for them if they happen to show up in daylite hours today. Good luck to everyone

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I spooked one walking in at point blank range cause I'm ninja quiet in this light rain, lol. Got to my spot on a field edge and had 6 doe at 50 yards. They chased each other around as close as 25 yards. I now have 3 big longbeards strutting and carrying on with about 15 hens/poults, and two almost two year old gobblers chasing each other in circles strutting. They're giving the big 3 their space! Great morning, but really, really, sticky humid and kind of warm. Hard to keep my scope clear.

I forgot, something crashed off close to my left, but never blew, so probably a huge buck... Also, a doe was blowing about 300 yards off at something twice. Who knows...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Still raining pretty hard here in southern Crawford county. Glad I picked this big sycamore to sit in, at least it's kinda keeping the rain off. My buddy is about a half mile away on the other end of the property and just shot a coyote. Neither of us have seen any deer this morning.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A balmy humid 70 degrees, can't believe I'm headed to the stand!
The largest buck that I have ever seen in the wild came through on a balmy, humid and windy December 31; a 200 class! The first REALLY big buck that I ever laid eyes on in the wild was moving at 4:00 PM, 72 degrees, 15-25 mph SW wind and very high humidity, threathening to storm in late January..... Probably a 160 class.

We would all be wise not to believe all that's been written and said about whitetail bucks and when they move or don't move. They do what they want, when they want to, within the constraints of what's going on in their area...... At least, what they know or believe to be going on!:cool:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.