Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m here again it feels a lot better that it has been. Still hid but we will see what happens. Good luck everyone out and be safe.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Good luck to those that are out! I just seen a buck standing on side of a he road about 20mins ago...so they’re movin.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I’m out here where I saw a couple of nice bucks cross past Tuesday morning. I spooked a deer while walking in this morning, but it acted like a doe, so hopefully the bucks are still heading this way.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well back up a tree again this evening and it’s warm. I got this evening and in the morning to try to make it happen. Got to go do some work and get ready for this weekend. Good luck everyone out and be safe.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just got sat down just in time for a light drizzle to start. Hopefully it gets them moving some. Parked my truck to walk in and bam there’s a scrape! Goodluck guys!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It feels great in the stand this afternoon! I got here about 3:30pm and the temp has been dropping since then. There’s also light rain off and on, but it’s supposed to clear for the last hour before dark. It’d be a good day to put a big deer on the ground!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Im here soakin wet. Quiver is stuck on my bow, knob stripped out and that sucker is on there tighter than a banjo string. Ah well, hopin for a quick sit. Gotta go to the homecoming bonfire tonight..

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
5,698 Posts
I waited in my truck an hour for the rain to pass. Soon as it started letting up, I got up a tree. Wet climber seat sucks, but there are three deer here that showed up literally less than 5min from the time I got settled in. The one I’m after showed up yesterday evening while I was at work.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I waited in my truck an hour for the rain to pass. Soon as it started letting up, I got up a tree. Wet climber seat sucks, but there are three deer here that showed up literally less than 5min from the time I got settled in. The one I’m after showed up yesterday evening while I was at work.
Yes wet seats suck. Bad. And no deer does too.
The one I was after showed up yesterday while I was around the house. He didn't leave alive though.

·
Registered
Bow
7,959 Posts
We’re stopped at Memphis waiting to pick up some barges. I looked over at a random spot on the bank and saw a couple of leaves moving. I looked around and no other leaves were moving anywhere. Picked up the binos and sure enough, there was a doe feeding. A little while later, I looked up at a different spot and there was another doe. Then, did the same thing just now and watched two more does going through the brush into the woods. BTW, this is on President Island.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sitting here waiting in my stand as well.. my deer came yesterday while I was in another stand.... I was consistent, then changed plans at the latest second. I will not divert till I get this guy... I hope B-)

·
Registered
24,835 Posts
Im here soakin wet. Quiver is stuck on my bow, knob stripped out and that sucker is on there tighter than a banjo string. Ah well, hopin for a quick sit. Gotta go to the homecoming bonfire tonight..
Can Smackover sit down yet after the butt whoopin Rison put on them last week? Guess some things never change. 😁

·
Registered
469 Posts
We’re stopped at Memphis waiting to pick up some barges. I looked over at a random spot on the bank and saw a couple of leaves moving. I looked around and no other leaves were moving anywhere. Picked up the binos and sure enough, there was a doe feeding. A little while later, I looked up at a different spot and there was another doe. Then, did the same thing just now and watched two more does going through the brush into the woods. BTW, this is on President Island.
There are some big deer on President Island. I’ve seen a ton of them on one small patch when it floods.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
The 2 yrs I managed our plant on president island, we had 2 different times a doe came into our fence. It was hell getting them out. Another time one got stuck in the pipes next door to us and they had to come put her down. Usually happened when the river was high.
Sorry for the de rail chatter.

Hope y'all enjoyed the time in the woods today.
I'm ready for my time this weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts