Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Bow
8,127 Posts
Ended up seeing two groups of three does and little ones this morning.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, our trip has been moved to tomorrow. Back in the saddle on the other lease for the evening.

·
Registered
Elite V37, muzzy broadheads
4,811 Posts
I sure wish I was hunting. Gonna try and go Saturday before the snow

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a good morning. Saw 4 including probably the biggest cow horn spike I have seen. Killed a button at 34 yards. Never saw them. However, the Simmons timber shark did a number on him. Big hole for a 1.5 inch 2 blade... View attachment 342366
I shoot simmons from my longbow and recurve. They are impressive to say the least.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
43 years ago today, I killed my first deer. A small 8 point with a 12 guage using 00 buckshot.

I’m making a quick morning hunt then my uncle and I are going to try a piece of public we’ve never been to.
I killed my 1st deer 43 years ago. Not sure of day but it was a 6 point and I shot it with an old pump 12 gauge with 3” 00 buckshot. I was making a drive along a river lake for my dad and brother. I was 12. Shot my first hog not many years later in same spot making a drive. I still have that old shotgun.

·
Registered
Bow
8,127 Posts
I killed my 1st deer 43 years ago. Not sure of day but it was a 6 point and I shot it with an old pump 12 gauge with 3” 00 buckshot. I was making a drive along a river lake for my dad and brother. I was 12. Shot my first hog not many years later in same spot making a drive. I still have that old shotgun.
I was 15. It was on a dog drive in the deep cypress swamps near Thibadeaux, LA on the second to last day of the 78-79 season. Mine was a sneaker away from the dogs. I was the youngest hunter that day. The oldest hunter was in his 80’s. He was first stand and I was second stand. Four or five minutes after I shot my buck, he killed a five point. They were the only deer killed that day. Good times! Incidentally, my dad was working that weekend and my uncle and I went together. The same uncle I’m hunting with right this very moment! Still good times!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts