Arkansas Hunting banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Not everyone can afford..500 Dollar CZ and 500 Dollar Scopes and Rings to Shoot Squirrels...
That's just crazy..

This little 100 Dollar Rimefire and 25 Dollar Jap Tasco scope will do just fine.or..300 Dollar Rimfire and Scope View attachment 311495 View attachment 311496
What's crazy is having an exposed plastic turret locking ring on the windage and elevation turret on a hunting rifle. I highly doubt there's a zero stop in that center point, so if that ring comes loose and the turret spins, you play ring around the rosie until you find zero. It's also crazy to have 100yd parallax setting on a rifle you're going to shoot at awkward angles at 20-50 yds most of the time. You'd be better off keeping that RAR and selling that other contraption with the AR style mag and putting that money towards a good scope.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
What's crazy is having an exposed plastic turret locking ring on the windage and elevation turret on a hunting rifle. I highly doubt there's a zero stop in that center point, so if that ring comes loose and the turret spins, you play ring around the rosie until you find zero. It's also crazy to have 100yd parallax setting on a rifle you're going to shoot at awkward angles at 20-50 yds most of the time. You'd be better off keeping that RAR and selling that other contraption with the AR style mag and putting that money towards a good scope.
Pffffffffffft

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
What's a Zero Stop?

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Didn't mean to stir up dissention in the ranks. :cool:

I don't have anything considered "high end" and a few that might be considered low end. Most of my stuff is quality, middle of the road equipment that will get the job done if I do my part. I think I may be settled on a Vortex 2-7X35 for this rifle. Should be plenty of magnification for what it will be required to do.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Didn't mean to stir up dissention in the ranks. :cool:

I don't have anything considered "high end" and a few that might be considered low end. Most of my stuff is quality, middle of the road equipment that will get the job done if I do my part. I think I may be settled on a Vortex 2-7X35 for this rifle. Should be plenty of magnification for what it will be required to do.
You Didn't..We are all Brothers and Sisters.. Kinfolks..
All in Fun....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts