Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a scope to put on my recently acquired CZ457 in .22WMR (thank you HOGHUNTERX2) and was poking around on the net trying to decide and noticed I didn't see any Redfield products. I purchased some of the Leupold/Redfield (2 scopes and a pair of binoculars) back a few years ago and have been very happy with the price point versus quality of all three. Did a bit more poking around and found out Leupold sold the Redfield line to Academy Sports. Huh? I am disappointed because I don't think Academy will come close to producing the quality of item that Leupold turned out.

Looking at Vortex, Burris, and a few others now.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
Center point...Scopes...Nuff said...Think Im kidding..
Great Scopes....Have 4 Would buy another Tomorrow..
Clear and Good price....

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jackie,
Thank you. I will look into them. I've kinda been wanting a side parallax adjusting scope but have not looked really deep yet.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
I looked At Rebs and Rusty and BlackFoot Scopes..
They are nice...and the Price..

I need a scope that will take a licking and keep on ticking....

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
55,792 Posts
I am looking for a scope to put on my recently acquired CZ457 in .22WMR (thank you HOGHUNTERX2) and was poking around on the net trying to decide and noticed I didn't see any Redfield products. I purchased some of the Leupold/Redfield (2 scopes and a pair of binoculars) back a few years ago and have been very happy with the price point versus quality of all three. Did a bit more poking around and found out Leupold sold the Redfield line to Academy Sports. Huh? I am disappointed because I don't think Academy will come close to producing the quality of item that Leupold turned out.

Looking at Vortex, Burris, and a few others now.
That doesn't mean you can't find one of the high quality Redfields. You just gonna hafta search. I'd try to find one of the 3x9 Variables with range finding ability. The one I had on my M14 Sniper rifle was rugged and deadly accurate.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Center point Scopes. can't Beat the Price..
Dropped one could not get it to zero..

Center point sent me a Brand New one..
No Questions asked.. Can't beat that.. View attachment 311482 View attachment 311483 View attachment 311484
I dont want a company to send me a new scope when theirs can't be zeroed after a drop. I want a scope that wont lose zero by dropping it. You get what you pay for in scopes. Leupold, vortex, zeiss and nightforce is all I would buy if I wanted quality.

·
Registered
10,380 Posts

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think I have a Vortex picked out. The .22WMR isn't a boomer so other than me dropping it or something it won't take any abuse. Still thinking though, have not made a final choice. This rifle is too nice to top it with something that I would not be happy with long term. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
jackie,
Thank you. I will look into them. I've kinda been wanting a side parallax adjusting scope but have not looked really deep yet.
Just out of my own curiosity, why do you want a parallax adjusting scope for a .22WMR? Before I sold all my guns years ago I owned parallax adjusting and fixed reticle both. Just wondering about your personal motivation for that particular gun. I'll hang up and listen.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just out of my own curiosity, why do you want a parallax adjusting scope for a .22WMR? Before I sold all my guns years ago I owned parallax adjusting and fixed reticle both. Just wondering about your personal motivation for that particular gun. I'll hang up and listen.
Johnnie,
No real reason. Both my .22lr bolt guns are way over scoped but that was because they were set up for small bore silhouette shooting over actual field shooting. Guess I got the bug to do that all the time after that. Looking at it, I can get the same magnification scope in Vortex and the AO is $20 more.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Leopold makes a wonderful scope for .22. I bought an 06 that had one on it — clearest scope I had looked through in a long time. It had fine crosshairs and hash marks for long distance shooting, I supposed geared towards the 22 or 22 mag. I contacted the company as to whether the scope for the 22 would hold up to recoil for the 06 and they said, “no problem.” Every scope model is tested by some kind of torture test and they all have to pass the same one. I was going to change it, but now I’m not. Sold on Leopold. Don’t plan to buy anything else from here on out.

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Leopold makes a wonderful scope for .22. I bought an 06 that had one on it — clearest scope I had looked through in a long time. It had fine crosshairs and hash marks for long distance shooting, I supposed geared towards the 22 or 22 mag. I contacted the company as to whether the scope for the 22 would hold up to recoil for the 06 and they said, “no problem.” Every scope model is tested by some kind of torture test and they all have to pass the same one. I was going to change it, but now I’m not. Sold on Leopold. Don’t plan to buy anything else from here on out.
Rich,
I got a Leupold fix 4x rimfire scope in the deal when I purchased my CZ 452 in .22lr. It wasn't what I wanted for the rifle but I had the perfect rifle for the smaller lines of that scope. Put it on the Browning SA rifle for my daughter and she fell in love.

·
Grand Member
12,036 Posts
I've got two Vortex Crossfire 2-7X32 scopes, they are identical except one is the rimfire model (parallax set at 50yds) and one is the standard (parallax 100rds) . The rimfire is on my Ruger American .22lr that has my suppressor on it. The other is on my Ruger American Ranch rifle in .223. I wanted a smaller scope on it because the Ranch Rifle is a very compact rifle with 16" barrel. I didn't want a big scope on either on and I'm very pleased with both.

·
Premium Member
24,376 Posts
That ain’t taking a licking and keeping on ticking. That is selling a cheaply built product at a price high enough they can afford to replace a few,
Not everyone can afford..500 Dollar CZ and 500 Dollar Scopes and Rings to Shoot Squirrels...
That's just crazy..

This little 100 Dollar Rimefire and 25 Dollar Jap Tasco scope will do just fine.or..300 Dollar Rimfire and Scope
IMG_20210503_095816400.jpg
IMG_20210504_081009589.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts