let's see some lrafb deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Badbassn, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Badbassn

Badbassn Premium Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Win

Just wanted to see some pics of some lrafb deer. Heard today the heard was only about 280 compared to over 500 a couple years ago.

2. richter

richter Well-Known Member

They can't hardly kill deer on base because they are out there fighting over who's stand is allowed to go where.

3. Badbassn

well played lol

4. Have gun will travel

Have gun will travel Well-Known Member

White Co
    Biggest buck I 've ever killed

Got off work at 16:30 and shot this beast at 16:50 He came from the end of the flight line near the Christmas tree area. Have not hunted on base since I retired, figured I'd let the active troops hunt it and I'd hunt other public land. Used a 12 ga slug and shot him 32 steps away.

[​IMG]

5. WILDMAN44

WILDMAN44 Well-Known Member

That's an awesome deer bud. Congrats.

6. bhsm

bhsm Well-Known Member

NLR
    Those are some great deer. Congrats to both of you guys!

7. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Big bucks right there.

8. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

Hey Duane, was it anywhere near where you shot your first beast at out there? You lucky dog!!!! All I ever killed out there were does and small bucks. You have killed two wall-hangers... Way to go buddy!!!

9. Have gun will travel

White Co
    Believe me I understand the frustration

About 2004 we had an officer make up the rules for hunting on base. He knew how to hunt high fence areas in TX but didn't have a clue about hunting deer that didn't come running when someone beat a stick on a 5 gallon bucket of corn. I was on the base hunting commite repesenting the Safety Office. I hunted on base so my concern was keep hunting an option on base but control the wildlife to protect our assets while keeping hunters safe at the same time. There were others repesenting other interest from base agencies. Basically, all of our imput was ignored. I myself was told to shut up and just sit there when I tried to explain his stats were completely BS.

I use to kill a limit of deer on base each year. After this expert changed the system it really did become much more harder to kill deer.

bset advice i can give to anyone hunting base is don't hunt the pretty woods. Find the thickest nastiest place you can find. I never baited on base. Instead I found where the deer wanted to hang out and hunted them there.

10. Have gun will travel

White Co
    Tim

I shot him where we use to do drives just before you got to the flightline. Think you saw him once when we were doing a drive in that area. The other big buck came from just across the flight line near the first base box blind. I'd bet they were genetically related because the racks are very simular with palmations.

11. Badbassn

one of my buddies has been huntin that deer since 09 but the stars never aligned. I saw that pic and sent it to him and he confirmed that was the buck. I have seen several pics of that buck the last few years. Congrats great deer!

12. RippinLips

RippinLips Well-Known Member

Killed this buck back in early November. It is my first whitetail and archery kill. Now if I could just take leave during archery season back home to kill a mulie, I'll be set.

Attached Files:

13. elfman

elfman Well-Known Member

As of December 13:

53 Total killed
    31 Bucks (4 Button)
    18 Does

Twenty three deer killed during modern gun. Only two during early muzzleloader
    Numbers definitely down.

Statistics from base wildlife manager

14. RippinLips

RippinLips Well-Known Member

It's a stretch calling Popham a "wildlife manager".

15. wingjunke

wingjunke Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago Popham told me deer do not eat grass!!! I haven't bought a base permit since!

16. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Cabot
    ImageUploadedByArkansas Hunting1405705785.636071.jpg trail cam pic from last year

17. Have gun will travel

White Co
    Killed this one a few years earlier than the big one posted above. Killed this 8 point about 1/4 mile from where I got Mr Big

base 8 (2).jpg