Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell your gobbling report each day!!! This thread is for gobbling reports and turkey sightings? I don't expect any details on location :wink: I'll start....I went to a new camp yesterday and saw a strutter and a hen :biggrin: . Didn't hear anything, but it was windy and did't make it until 8:00 am.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I have been the past 4 mornings and hearing an average of 3 or 4 a morning. There not really saying much though past fly down time.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
I never go out before opening day...waste of gas and time...besides, all ya gotta do is lissen to everybody that does...they'll tell you[sometimes a lie]:thumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm hearing two or three before fly down, then nothing. I heard someone say that they are tight lipped around Lake Ouachita.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
my boss was gobbling at me this morning about something, does that count?

my reporter at camp says they gobble a little on the roost and shutup when on the ground.

·
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bye looking at the reports it sounds like their henned up pretty good (It's typical for them to gobble hard on the roost then shut up at fly down when their henned up). Keep em coming!!!:thumb: I should have one in the morning.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Went last weekend and heared three different birds in the mountains. One really good bird from the sound of him. Each bird gobbled at least 3-4 times on the roost and then one kept gobbling after fly down.

got a buddy that heard 9 different birds on one piece of land last Sunday morning. Said he saw a few of them and there were quite a few hens around as well.

Should have another report after tomorrow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
went this am. calm as can be when i got there. daylight wind really picked up and i couldn't hear anything. when i was leaving, i heard one gobble about 50 yds off the trail. gobbled 4 times on roost, flew down, and hushed. that's it so far.

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
Listened up at Ozone the last three mornings. Nothing, notta. Not one gobble. Covered a lot of ground, found two areas with some scratching, and a few tracks.
It dont look good.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Listened up at Ozone the last three mornings. Nothing, notta. Not one gobble. Covered a lot of ground, found two areas with some scratching, and a few tracks.
It dont look good.
Yep...that sounds just like NW dallas co. I wasted about 4 hours this am:frown:

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
I guess I'm gonna have to get up and go listening so that I can contribute something useful to this thread.
So far the only report I have is that a member of our lease spotted three hens on the powerline one day this week.
My cousin had some corn and wheat out in the area back in February hoping to get some pictures of turkeys and got nothing but deer pics though.

·
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Went this morning and heard 4. 3 only gobbled 1 or 2 times on the roost, and the 4th one I've named hollywood (gobbled his head off), he's been marked for the nephew next weekend.:cool:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts