Arkansas Hunting banner

Let's hear some crazy or funny fishing stories

6K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  fisherman505 
OK here goes .....My tournament partner and I was fishing a local tournament ....about 30 mins in he stuck a 3+#er on a xcaliber super pop-R.......so I grab the net and run to front and wait to dip it.....about 5 yards out it comes up for a tail walk and spits the bait under full load. The pop-R hits me right in middle of thigh about 6" below my privates (whew). It stung and I thought dang we lost that fish . Well I went to get bait out of my shorts and quickly realized it was deeper than just the shorts! Well I said I can't see exactly how it is stuck......So me buddy gets down on his knees while I'm standing and rolls my shorts leg up (the whole time I'm like "ouch,that hurts! Dang quit pulling on it").....All of a sudden he looks at boat on left ....then right and realizes the appearance of this situation....cuts his line, grabs his rod and says " bud your on your own on this one"......So we finished 2nd with shorts having a big hole in thigh...fishing line trick pops them out every time....even if your partner is no help!

Every year for the last 23 years my Illinois hunting buddies come down for a week of bass fishing on lake Ouachita....Well about 10 years ago one evening we were headed back to the dock and there was a Giant big loud boat with a cabin, blondes drinking and all out there gas this big ol load boat headed the same way we were going.....Well my buddy says blow that big things doors off...I had a boat at the time that was a upper 70's rig...So I hit it and when I went past that rig I was clicking at 77 mph....When I passed him I heard him gas the big thing. It was one of those boats you drive standing up and had a bed in the cabin.....(It was a white boat with a Z stripe on the side) Well no more than We passed that boat I heard it getting louder, I said "NO way"! I looked down and was still clicking 77mph...This thing passed me like was was anchored!! I big bearded guy was humping the wheel with 2 blondes drinking and waving when they went by!!!

So that week and rest of the year we were laughing and joking that ZZ top out ran us!!!....Fast forward 2 years, I was at marina getting gas and look idling out of one the docks and it was the big white boat ....I told my buddy look there is that rig that spanked us a couple years ago! The kid at the dock said "you know who that is?" I said no! He said that is Billy Gibbons from ZZ top! Me and my buddy just fell out laughing as we have been calling it ZZ top for past 2 years just because of the bearded driver!!! Dock guy said the boat had 2-502ci big blocks in it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.