Arkansas Hunting banner

Let's hear some crazy or funny fishing stories

6K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  fisherman505 
As kids we had good access to a long hole on Middle fork off of Highway 5. Every other weekend the family would go over there and make a day of it. Dad and Mom fished out of a flat bottom and they had bought me and my brother belly boats. We were always on edge as it was like a high way with water snakes and cottonmouths swimming up, down and across this long hole of water.

I had cast my humpback rebel to the edge of a high, vine covered bank. About two cranks and I got hung on a root under water.
Baits were expensive to us so I pulled myself over to get my lure keeping my eyes to the bank above. After surveying the brush really well I looked down to get by crank bait from the root. Out of my peripheral vision I saw something dark launch itself off of the top of the bank. It landed in my lap, my heart went up my throat and I knew I would get bit. After I got my bearings it was the biggest bullfrog you ever seen. There wasn't enough room in the belly boat for the two of us. I would of loved for somebody to have a video of that. For a few seconds
before I figured out what was in my lap it was pretty entertaining for someone. The bull frog was trying to go out the bottom and I was trying to get out the top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.