Arkansas Hunting banner

Let's hear some crazy or funny fishing stories

6K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  fisherman505 
Trout fishing on the little red. My partner has never fly fished and has a new rod and wants to try it out. You guessed it, he's whipping that durn thing back and forth and bam, catches me right in the chin. Its super stuck past the barb. Buried. Cant get it out. I pull like heck and the skin on my face is just stretching with it. It was a small hook so it didn't really hurt too much. We fished on for a while and its finally time to go. Went in to the dock at lobo and I says you ever get this in here. He giggles and says yep bout once a year. He grabs a pair of hemos and a paper towel. Braces my head against the wall with his free arm, latches on to the fly and wham just yanks. Hard. Comes out but felt like someone punched me in the face. Applied paper towel and we took off. Then it started hurting.

When we were young we went frog grabbing. My buddy jumps out after one. Misses of course. Its shallow so we cant quite get the boat to the bank to pick him up. There's a limb he can grab to swing himself to the boat but as he makes the attempt my other partner is already going in reverse. He gets his feet to the boat, but unfortunately for him not good enough and he's still hanging onto the tree. He's near horizontal by the time he lets go and splashy splashy he went. That was the first of three baptisms he got that night. Good times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.