Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
9 days!!!!! That is great. I am heading to Mississippi in 13 days and I can't wait!!!!

Good luck in Florida. Are you hunting public land or did you get on some private?

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
One of my buddies is stationed at Fort Rucker, so we'll be hunting on the base there. I believe its really close to Florida. My buddy has never really turkey hunted, but he says he's been seeing birds all over the place. He also says you can only hunt the base if your in the military or a guest, so it ought to be good hunting if that's true.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
One of my buddies is stationed at Fort Rucker, so we'll be hunting on the base there. I believe its really close to Florida. My buddy has never really turkey hunted, but he says he's been seeing birds all over the place. He also says you can only hunt the base if your in the military or a guest, so it ought to be good hunting if that's true.
I bet that should be good hunting if it is limited like that. I asked because I have hunted Alabama for nearly twelve years, but we hunt National Forest in the central area of state. It is usually the toughest hunting you will experience, but I have heard the farther south you go the better the hunting gets. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
I bet that should be good hunting if it is limited like that. I asked because I have hunted Alabama for nearly twelve years, but we hunt National Forest in the central area of state. It is usually the toughest hunting you will experience, but I have heard the farther south you go the better the hunting gets. Good luck!!
I have been hunting Alabama for 20 yrs and my experience is the farther north you go the better it gets. A lot more birds in the north.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive hunted south Bama several times on private land in conecuh county, we always killed a few but very rarely would they do a bunch of gobblin, but we always went early right at the start of the season and never failed you'd have some cold days, turkeys down there have adapted to living in, around and amongst solid pine thickets.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
We had actually hoped to go a week or 2 later, but March 19-23 is what worked out with our schedules.
I dont really know what to expect, but I'm gonna find out. I figure the birds will be henned up. My buddy says to find some snake gaiters or boots.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We usually had groups of gobblers come in, so it helped to hunt with a bud, we doubled up on two occassions, but again they were pretty quite, but if you could get within the "barrier" they would come.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts