Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got to get a spreader for my UTV to use on my plots. What recommendations do you guys and gal’s have or that you use. Will use it for food plot and yard application.

·
Premium Member
29,427 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

I like the moultrie electric with remote control that plugs into cigarette lighter outlet in dash of ranger. It mounts in standard receiver hitch, but i wanted mine to seed into tall grass and use simultaneous while I spray herbicide - so I made another receiver hitch mount higher up. You can start, stop, and adjust flow gate all from driver seat. I think about $350. Used two full years with no problem.

·
Premium Member
29,427 Posts
We only fertilize with PTO driven spreaders. And still wash down all components thoroughly.
That is what I do - and got 15 years out of my last spreader. Had to buy a new one this year. I dont fertilize much anymore unless I am growing a crop like sunflowers or millet that benefits from a shot of nitrogen. I have quit fertilizing my clover/wheat plots - now relying on the clover to fix nitrogen for the wheat. Deer dont seem to care.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts