Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Good shooting. Im not confident enough to hunt seriously with my stuff. Ill go walking with it looking for hogs or something dumb, but I don't seriously hunt. I have a Shakespeare Wonderbow I love to take. I shoot it better than my bears...ill get some pics in the next few days.

·
Registered
973 Posts
this is my rig for this year, worked pretty good last year... gold tip carbon shafts, 125 grain single bevel two blades with that chisel point ( amazon specials) I was worried that they may not be very consistent weights, but I checked them and they were all on the target weight. I put 75 grain inserts behind the broadheads and have chartreuse fletchings for better visibility on shot placement. those broadheads cost me 25 bucks for a dozen, best deal I found. the bow is a facebook find I got last fall, I always wanted a hoyt and finally got one, on the cheap (450 $). she is 45 lbs at 28 inches. total length is 62". I always shot shorter bows before, but after shooting a 62" hoyt, I found out that I shoot this bow with much better consistency than anything I have ever shot before.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I’m using my hickory bow that I built last year, 43# @28”. My arrows are Gold Tip Traditional carbons 600 spine. I’m using Grizzly Bruin 2 blade single bevel broadheads, 200gr. with a 50gr. brass insert. That makes for a total arrow weight of about 500gr. Did
some penetration tests on a hog that I shot with my revolver a few weeks ago and was pretty happy with the results.
Plant Grass Grassland Landscape Groundcover

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I have not hunted with my bow in several years due to shoulder and nerve problems in my right arm. I had shoulder surgery a month ago but am told bowhunting is out for this year but maybe next year. I really miss hunting with my "Pac a wallop". It is a bow that I made several years ago under the watchful eye of a good friend of mine. #44 of deer killing greatness. I like .500 spine douglas fir with turkey fletching that I also make. An Ace Express 165gr 2 blade does the cutting for me.

I have a do it yourself build along for wood arrows here in the trad section if that is something you would like to check out. I also had a build along when I built my Pac a wallop but I posted the pics through photobuc and I don't believe they are still available.

Road surface Bedrock Wood Water Grass

Plant Hunting Deer hunting Smile Tree

1 - 20 of 31 Posts