Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
First I've heard of it as well.....

My wife emailed me earlier from work (Primary School in Hope) stating there were 23 teachers in her building alone that were out sick today and that they had already sent 50+ students home by lunch.

Sounds like a good weekend to get out of town!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Channel 5 cried, "wolf"...

A Special Message from Perry Webb
Health Organizations Refute Story
A personal message from Perry Webb
Dear Chamber Members

You may be aware of a media report that is suggesting there has been an outbreak of leprosy in Springdale. This is not true.

The Chamber has been in touch this morning with Governor Mike Beebe, Congressman John Boozman, the Center for Disease Control and the Washington County Health Department. Each of these entities are fully engaged and are reporting to us that there is no "outbreak" of leprosy in Springdale or Northwest Arkansas.

In fact, the Washington County Health Department explains nothing has changed in the number of known cases of communicable diseases in Northwest Arkansas in the past year.

Please help us in our effort to diffuse this non-factual story with the accurate details of the Chamber's research from this morning.

Perry Webb
President/CEO

Sponsors

Copyright © 2002-2003-2008 Springdale Chamber of Commerce. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials
available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution.

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Lets seeee...who is up in that corner of the state....? I don't think I will be eating chicken for a while.

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Its bad for chicken and multi outlet stores. Which is bad for the country since both distribute all over the country. Which could distribute leprosy all over the country. There would be people with ears falling off and fingers dangling by a thread all over the place. :smack:

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here we go! From channel 4 KARK website:
http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?cid=65404

Leprosy In Arkansas

Friday, Feb 8, 2008 @04:41pm CST

The Arkansas Department of Health is firing back after reports of a so called leprosy outbreak in northwest Arkansas. Today, health officials tell KARK 4 there is not an outbreak in that area.

However, they did confirm nine cases of leprosy in Benton, Washington, and Sebastian counties.

All of the patients are receiving treatment and health officials say the public is not at risk.

Leprosy, also known as Hansen's Disease, is contagious and spreads through respiratory droplets such as a cough or sneeze.

It's important to know 95 percent of people are resistant and cannot contract the disease.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, eighty seven cases of Leprosy was reported in the United States in 2005. One case was reported in Arkansas.

Something else to note-- 21 one cases of tuberculosis are also confirmed in the area.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,789 Posts
Better start checkin the illegal aliens before the next pandemic strikes! One of these days they'll figure out why ya don't come into another country illegally......it's about protecting the people from this sort of thing! Before we went into nam we had to have 15 to 20 shots, and we are talking the military fighting in a war! What special reason makes it okay for the illegal mexicans to come here without a document saying they are free of disease? Think about it!

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Better start checkin the illegal aliens before the next pandemic strikes! One of these days they'll figure out why ya don't come into another country illegally......it's about protecting the people from this sort of thing! Before we went into nam we had to have 15 to 20 shots, and we are talking the military fighting in a war! What special reason makes it okay for the illegal mexicans to come here without a document saying they are free of disease? Think about it!
NAFTA at work. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Nice job of denying, and then restating the facts.:mad:

Like I'd actually believe one damn thing our government tells me.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts