Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen the new Ambush 552 from legend craft? Bart works there now so i figured it has few edge looks

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
I wondered how long it would take to show up on here...... I got a pic of it earlier. Looks similar to an edge/havoc.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Aren't they all?

It's funny how all these boat builders are sprouting up everywhere. All trying to make basically the same boat. Kinda like guys that think they can make duck calls and be the next RNT.
I'm just repeating what I was told. I think Bart actually worked at Waco and then bought legend craft so he's not really new to the game.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The prototype you saw was just a test platform to test the performance of a hull design. Bart doesn't want to market anything until the design, performance and manufacturing quality control are right.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see one more "edge-like" boat pop up between now and summer. It getting about like the cut down market- started with one and now everybody is trying for a piece of the pie.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see one more "edge-like" boat pop up between now and summer. It getting about like the cut down market- started with one and now everybody is trying for a piece of the pie.
This duck hunting boom reminds me of the big run ups in popularity golf and NASCAR had in the 90s.

History says most booms result in a bust...... should be interesting.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
This duck hunting boom reminds me of the big run ups in popularity golf and NASCAR had in the 90s.

History says most booms result in a bust...... should be interesting.
But those that have stuck with it(golf/nascar) don't notice a thing different other than it being less crowded and easier to get a ticket. So maybe there is hope in the end

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Bart did work at Waco, and yes he bought the old legendcraft place and all of the legendcraft welders and workers are back in action....its called the Ambush 1552.......the picture of the boat floating around is strickly a prototype....they are "toying" with the hull to get it right then the inside will have the whatever you order stuff more than likely, the prototype had pods high deck floors and walls to add weight to actually see how the boat ran.....the prototype was ran with a 3 cyl 25 Suzuki and ran 38.4 on a garmin GPS for all you speed demons.....I talked to one of the 3 guys who got to drive the boat and said it "handled like a dream" and "rode very well in the choppy water"

as P2K said.....time will tell....im just glad to see legendcraft back in business and those workers back at work

and for everybody who calls it and edge looking boat....edge/havoc looks like an excel....excel looks like the butt end of a champion bass boat.....just be glad there is another maker competitor....and that some guys are back at work that wouldn't have been

·
Registered
259 Posts
Knowing what a small niche market duck boats are especially a timber running rig is I would have to agree with P2Q somebody maybe several ain't gonna make it. Can't see the market sustaining it. Maybe it will. For the workers I hope it does.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Bart is a good guy and the edges that were coming out while he was there were some of the best edges to come out of that factory. After he left they continued building them the way that he was building them instead of the way time was. I'm sure he will do very good. He takes care of his customers better than some other boat builders.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts