Legal shooting of albino deer angers Wisconsin residents

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by sricen, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

I'd shoot it to, let the cheeseheads get mad. We've had a few spotted deer here, no solid Albino though. It's been 3-4 years since I've seen one.

2. tracytqrc

tracytqrc Well-Known Member

We had one that was blonde, not albino and not pie-bold either. A blonde doe that came out into the pasture acrossed the street from my house at around 5pm every day until 2 days before bow season opened. Haven't seen her since, or I would be posting some pictures of her.

3. WhiteCoHunt

WhiteCoHunt Well-Known Member

We have a piebald doe

4. Budd2311

Budd2311 Well-Known Member

What its piebald

5. BigD32

BigD32 Well-Known Member

Piebald is a skin pigment problem I think, maybe. Causes the deer to have white patches or white speckles on its hide.

6. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

If I'm not mistaken they should be harvested as they can be bad for the herd. Not sure where I read that and it may not be fact.

7. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

In some states it's illegal to kill an albino or piebald. Was watching a hunting show that had a good one walk out like 20yards couldn't shoot it said was illegal in that state.

8. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

We wondered about that with the 3 that we've seen over the years. Two of them had fawns, healthy, with no issues that you could see.

9. roybj

roybj Well-Known Member

This is a piebald deer. I killed this down in.... just kidding, I have no idea who this is but thought it was a great picture.

[​IMG]